TRX-1: Scan List vs Scan Sets

Status
Not open for further replies.

scan02038

Premium Subscriber
Is there a way to scan just using scanlist and not scan sets? Would prefer that way for a variety of reasons. Thank You!

n4jri

Premium Subscriber
Note that your Scan Set #1 has all 200 Scanlists and is the default. Make sure it's enabled in the scan, and just leave all your Scanlists there. Then you can just toggle them in and out by keying their Scanlist numbers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
I have Scan Sets setup for different locales when I am traveling. For instance, I have Scan Set 1 for my home area, police, fire EMTs, etc...then Scan Set 2 for Los Angeles, Scan Set 3 for Nashville and so and so on. That way I toggle to where I am and have all of my lists preprogrammed and preset and ready to go. Makes life easier. One thing I like about the TRX-1, if configured properly, it is a great scanner to travel with. Scan Sets can be used for different areas aside from your normal home programming. Then I have all of my Scan Lists numbered (with the List # in the alpha tag) so I can turn all of my Lists on and off like turning on banks used to be. Not such a confusing scanner once you get it figured out.

JD
kf4anc

scan02038

Premium Subscriber
Toggling?

Reprogrammed everything and the scaaner is working fine EXCEPT the on/off toggle of scan lists does not appear to work. At what point can it be done? During a live transmission? Can it be done from the menu? Seems like the perfect solution if I can just get it to work!!!

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Reprogrammed everything and the scaaner is working fine EXCEPT the on/off toggle of scan lists does not appear to work. At what point can it be done? During a live transmission? Can it be done from the menu? Seems like the perfect solution if I can just get it to work!!!

While it's scanning you should be able to just press the number for the scan list you want on or off and it'll toggle it.

questnz

I am waiting for TRX-1 to arrive therefore I am watching Whistler threads and learning before I get the unit.
Question then, do scanner scanning scan list or scan set ? can you scan selected multiple lists or multi sets How this work ? Checked Youtube stuff posted but there is nothing about selecting various lists or sets.

questnz

Bugger, how I missed that, must be old age ?
Many thanks, will watch all stuff related to TRX-1 or 2 in that matter

scan02038

Premium Subscriber
Toggling?

It appears to be working now - set Scan Set Mode to "Scan Sets Require Scanlist to be enabled" and that seemed to do it - thanx to all!

Status
Not open for further replies.