WS1040: after uploading trunking sys into scanner...

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmbdad

uploaded ...SW 7 County Interoperable Public Safety Radio Partnership
Location: Eugene, OR into scanner.I cant figure out what to do to next ,scans but i dont hear anything. if a talkgroup has a MODE of DE does that means its encrypted,aka scrambled and cant be monitored

Last edited:

troymail

Silent Key
Sorry - this isn't to overwhelm you - just need more info...

It looks like the system has 9 sites - which site(s) did you load?

Is the radio displaying a blinking "T" at the top of the display (which indicates you are receiving at least one site)?

A good portion of the known talkgroups are listed as encrypted. What specifically are you trying to listen to?

Did you add those talkgroups to your programming?

Have you added a wildcard talkgroup object?

What method was used to program the radio?

if a talkgroup has a MODE of DE does that means its encrypted,aka scrambled and cant be monitored
Yes - if it includes an "E" or "e", there is encryption in use (place your mouse on the column header for a description) -- if these are programmed or wildcarded and active, the radio should still stop on them - but instead of hearing voice, you'll just hear noise.

dmbdad

sites ,you mean ..system frquencies,i uploaded all nine. T is blinking. i did add to programming. i used arc 500. i did stop on one channel,which made the SCRAMBLED sound. Does DE mean i cant listen too that trunked channel,if so then all my local law enforcement channels are scrambled but thats why i bought a trunk tracking scanner. ugg!

troymail

Silent Key
sites ,you mean ..system frquencies,i uploaded all nine. T is blinking. i did add to programming. i used arc 500. i did stop on one channel,which made the SCRAMBLED sound. Does DE mean i cant listen too that trunked channel,if so then all my local law enforcement channels are scrambled but thats why i bought a trunk tracking scanner. ugg!

If you added the frequencies for all 9 sites, I assume you mean you added the control channel frequencies only for all 9 sites.

By default, I believe the radio will find and stay on the first active control channel it hits... and this could result in you monitoring a site that isn't right for what you want to hear (if you can hear it). There is a setting to change that.

See: Easier to Read Pro-651/652/106/197 - WS1040/1065 - PSR 500/600 Digital Scanner Manual

Yes - DE means that someone reported that talkgroup is using full-time encryption which means you cannot listen to that talkgroup (assuming it is full time and/or hasn't changed).

dmbdad

Lane County Sheriff Talkgroups SO MODE "DE" MEANS FULLY ENCRYPTED???

DEC HEX Mode Alpha Tag Description Tag
20001 4e21 DE LCSO DISP 1 Dispatch Law Dispatch
20003 4e23 DE LCSO SEC 2 Secondary Law Talk
20005 4e25 DE LCSO SPL OPS Special Operations Law Talk
20007 4e27 DE LCSO CAR Car-to-Car Law Talk
20009 4e29 DE LCSO ADMIN Admin Law Talk
20011 4e2b DE LCSO TRAN Transport Law Talk
20013 4e2d DE LCSO TAC1 Tactical Ops 1 Law Tac
20015 4e2f DE LCSO TAC2 Tactical Ops 2 Law Tac
20017 4e31 DE LCSO EMER Emergency Law Tac
20019 4e33 DE LCSO TAC3 Tactical Ops 3 Law Tac
20025 4e39 DE LCSO Ops Law Talk