Programming Priority Channels for TRX-1 with EZScan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davey1

When using EZScan to program the TRX-1 there is a place on the "General Settings" tab to set Priority Settings. There is a setting for Maximum Channels per Scan that allows a number between 0 and 255. What is the purpose of this setting and how does it work?

On my TRX-1 I have about 5 channels that I want to check, and I have 0 in the Maximum channels setting. This doesn't seem to work, as I still miss communications on one or more of the priority channels. What number do I need to put in this setting to make it work properly?

Thanks.

Ubbe

It checks only up to the number of prio channels you set in that value. The next time it does the prio check it scans the rest of the prio channels up to that number and so on.

If you have 20 prio channels it might take too long do to a prio check and you get a very annyoing long period of silence in the middle of transmissions and you could then set the value to 10 for a shorter and more acceptable break in the audio, but your prio channels will be checked with double the set interval. You can laborate with the interval time and number of prio channels to be check at one go to best suit your preferences.

If you only have 5 prio channels the function isn't useful as it will be a very short audio break. The default are "All".

/Ubbe

Status
Not open for further replies.