TRX-1 Spectrum Sweep and digital decode

Status
Not open for further replies.

hykkonen

When performing spectrum sweep the TRX-1 stops on digital signals and occasionally decodes. On those occasions where it decodes properly when the channel user that was talking ceases and the next user begins, the scanner does not decode the audio. Playing only the raw digital sound.

However, it seems that 99% of the digital signals spectrum sweeper stops on do not decode at all, only playing the raw digital sound.

This occurs regardless of squelch setting and attenuation settings.

Is this a configuration issue or expected mode of operation?

Ubbe

I don't know if it actually are supposed to try and switch over to digital mode. There's nowhere to set any selections for analog and/or different digital modes and the step size and AM/FM/NFM mode are set from the bandplan.

The TRX series seems to have big problems with analog/digital mode switching and squelch as it is. If I go to tune mode the display says FM and if I set the squelch to 0 nothing happens, no audio. I have to step up and down in frequency to sometimes get audio.

/Ubbe

Melv7956

This is a known bug we have been discussing in the UK for ages but I’ve never seen anyone stateside refer to it before. The only fix for this is when it (spectrum sweeper) lands on the frequency press function and zero which will take you to that frequency and will cut out the raw data and only hear the voice traffic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.