TRX-2: hit count

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpm3

I agree that this a very desirable feature! It is one of the really useful features on my old Optoectronics Optocom unit scanning conventional frequencies using Probe software. You can run it at low (or no) volume for extended periods (days?/weeks?) finding just what frequencies are really active in your area. To add this feature to modern units that can scan trunked systems and other than AM or FM conventional frequencies would be a real plus!

n4jri

Premium Subscriber
I agree that this a very desirable feature! It is one of the really useful features on my old Optoectronics Optocom unit scanning conventional frequencies using Probe software. You can run it at low (or no) volume for extended periods (days?/weeks?) finding just what frequencies are really active in your area. To add this feature to modern units that can scan trunked systems and other than AM or FM conventional frequencies would be a real plus!

Try using the Record feature. If you sort the retrieved recordings by frequency, you have your hit counter, plus a boatload of other metadata. I just wish I could print out the list before I delete the recordings

73/Allen (N4JRI)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Swipesy

President Harry Truman once said "There is nothing new in life just history you do not know.

Several months ago Don Starr wrote an app and posted it on these forums call "Auparse". This program will download your recordings into a CSV file that will give you all the detail of your hits. I also believe that while monitoring your scanner connected to a PC that the free Whistler "Remote Control Demo" will also give you what you all are asking for.

PS - if you run Auparse take your SDCard out of the scanner and put it into a SDreader on your PC. Otherwise if you run it off the radio you will be a year older, lol by the time it downloads. With a reader, just a matter of seconds.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.