TRX-1: Unit not powering on

Status
Not open for further replies.

devicelab

Whacker Extraordinaire
So the last two times my TRX1 has done the following:

Unit is plugged into AC power strip (with USB port) and plugged into the scanner full-time. Scanner is actively scanning a couple of scanlists. After a period of time, I check the TRX for its recordings. If I see something juicy then I power off the unit and then plug it into the computer and read its recording data and go from there.

When I'm finished I unplug the scanner and plug it back into the AC power strip; however, the last two times, I go to power on the TRX and the display is blank. Nothing. Short or long power button press does nothing. Unplug USB cable. Power button does nothing. Plug back into computer does nothing -- the USB chime doesn't sound and the PC doesn't see the scanner as usual; however, when I pull the USB cable the disconnect chime does sound.

Only after I lift & seat one of the rechargeable batteries (i.e. remove it from power source) does the scanner power on. (I've powered on thru power button the first time and today when I plugged the USB cable back into the AC strip -- the clock was displayed on the TRX LCD screen.)

I'm using (4) PowerEx 2700mah batteries in my TRX. My EZSCAN Advanced Battery settings are all default.

Any ideas?

kh6sz

Premium Subscriber
So the last two times my TRX1 has done the following:

Unit is plugged into AC power strip (with USB port) and plugged into the scanner full-time. Scanner is actively scanning a couple of scanlists. After a period of time, I check the TRX for its recordings. If I see something juicy then I power off the unit and then plug it into the computer and read its recording data and go from there.

When I'm finished I unplug the scanner and plug it back into the AC power strip; however, the last two times, I go to power on the TRX and the display is blank. Nothing. Short or long power button press does nothing. Unplug USB cable. Power button does nothing. Plug back into computer does nothing -- the USB chime doesn't sound and the PC doesn't see the scanner as usual; however, when I pull the USB cable the disconnect chime does sound.

Only after I lift & seat one of the rechargeable batteries (i.e. remove it from power source) does the scanner power on. (I've powered on thru power button the first time and today when I plugged the USB cable back into the AC strip -- the clock was displayed on the TRX LCD screen.)

I'm using (4) PowerEx 2700mah batteries in my TRX. My EZSCAN Advanced Battery settings are all default.

Any ideas?

Your contacts on the SD card might be getting dirty Clean the contacts with a pink eraser and see if that helps.

kh6sz

Premium Subscriber
I don't think I ever removed it after the first day. Why would it suddenly get dirty now?

I'm sorry, I was thinking the wrong thing. I take out the SD card and put it in my built-in card reader on my computer, because using the usb cable is just too darn slow. Sorry for the mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.