RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Scanners, Receivers and Related Equipment Forums > Whistler Scanners

Whistler Scanners - For discussion of Whistler branded scanners.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-10-2018, 6:12 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default ws1065 nothing enabled?????

Struggling with my new ws1065. I finally thought it was programmed downloaded it to scanner and now it says nothing is enabled??? Please help me this scanner is driving me crazy.
Sponsored links
Old 08-10-2018, 6:43 AM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by masonjessical01 View Post
Struggling with my new ws1065. I finally thought it was programmed downloaded it to scanner and now it says nothing is enabled??? Please help me this scanner is driving me crazy.
A common problem with those scanners is the frequencies are in fact downloaded to the scanner but the scan lists are not enabled. Another common problem with those scanners is they are downloaded but not assigned to a scan list. Without knowing exactly what you're trying to download and to where you're assigning stuff, I'm afraid that will be about as far as anyone will be able to help you. Feel free to shoot me a message with what you're trying to do and I'll see if I can help you.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
Old 08-10-2018, 8:56 AM

Try pressing 1 when it shows "nothing enabled"

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Old 08-10-2018, 11:51 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

my mom bought a ws1065, i'm trying to program it, the directions for this stinks! it tells me nothing enabled, we took the premium package from radio reference.com, that was a disappointment. what do I do before i throw it out the door?
Old 08-11-2018, 3:53 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlbrowning View Post
my mom bought a ws1065, i'm trying to program it, the directions for this stinks! it tells me nothing enabled, we took the premium package from radio reference.com, that was a disappointment. what do I do before i throw it out the door?
To take advantage of the premium subscription you need a programming app. You have your choice of Win500, ARC500, or PSREdit. All have 30-day free trials so you can test drive before you buy. You need a programming cable too.

Here's an excellent resource for your scanner. It will answer a lot of your questions: Easier to Read Pro-651/652/106/197 - WS1040/1065 - PSR 500/600 Digital Scanner Manual
Old 08-11-2018, 12:18 PM

Yes you need an enabled subscription, and an app .It looks like you already have that setup.
Make sure you have your ScanSETs and ScanLists enabled.
Make each town a LIST
Put all your LISTs in 1 ScanSET ,enable it.
If that bombs you can always ask one of us to program a file for you.
Don't give up, you got this far!
Old 08-11-2018, 7:00 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

I don't believe that teh 1065 has Scan Sets, I think that was introduced on the later scanners. At least if there are Scan Sets I haven't found them.

To the OP, you have to assign each Conventional frequency or Talk Group to at least one Scan List. You must also make sure that the Scan Lists are enabled and not locked out.

As others have said, you need programming software to utilize the Radio Reference DB.

To be technical, you could program the scanner by hand, but I don't recommend that as it's tedious, time consuming, and can be frustrating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronicsdude View Post
Yes you need an enabled subscription, and an app .It looks like you already have that setup.
Make sure you have your ScanSETs and ScanLists enabled.
Make each town a LIST
Put all your LISTs in 1 ScanSET ,enable it.
If that bombs you can always ask one of us to program a file for you.
Don't give up, you got this far!