ws1065 nothing enabled?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Struggling with my new ws1065. I finally thought it was programmed downloaded it to scanner and now it says nothing is enabled??? Please help me this scanner is driving me crazy.

Redneck0410

Struggling with my new ws1065. I finally thought it was programmed downloaded it to scanner and now it says nothing is enabled??? Please help me this scanner is driving me crazy.
A common problem with those scanners is the frequencies are in fact downloaded to the scanner but the scan lists are not enabled. Another common problem with those scanners is they are downloaded but not assigned to a scan list. Without knowing exactly what you're trying to download and to where you're assigning stuff, I'm afraid that will be about as far as anyone will be able to help you. Feel free to shoot me a message with what you're trying to do and I'll see if I can help you.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

wlbrowning

Premium Subscriber
my mom bought a ws1065, i'm trying to program it, the directions for this stinks! it tells me nothing enabled, we took the premium package from radio reference.com, that was a disappointment. what do I do before i throw it out the door?

DJ11DLN

my mom bought a ws1065, i'm trying to program it, the directions for this stinks! it tells me nothing enabled, we took the premium package from radio reference.com, that was a disappointment. what do I do before i throw it out the door?
To take advantage of the premium subscription you need a programming app. You have your choice of Win500, ARC500, or PSREdit. All have 30-day free trials so you can test drive before you buy. You need a programming cable too.

Here's an excellent resource for your scanner. It will answer a lot of your questions: Easier to Read Pro-651/652/106/197 - WS1040/1065 - PSR 500/600 Digital Scanner Manual

SCPD

QRT
Yes you need an enabled subscription, and an app .It looks like you already have that setup.
Make sure you have your ScanSETs and ScanLists enabled.
Make each town a LIST
Put all your LISTs in 1 ScanSET ,enable it.
If that bombs you can always ask one of us to program a file for you.
Don't give up, you got this far!

garys

Premium Subscriber
I don't believe that teh 1065 has Scan Sets, I think that was introduced on the later scanners. At least if there are Scan Sets I haven't found them.

To the OP, you have to assign each Conventional frequency or Talk Group to at least one Scan List. You must also make sure that the Scan Lists are enabled and not locked out.

As others have said, you need programming software to utilize the Radio Reference DB.

To be technical, you could program the scanner by hand, but I don't recommend that as it's tedious, time consuming, and can be frustrating.

Yes you need an enabled subscription, and an app .It looks like you already have that setup.
Make sure you have your ScanSETs and ScanLists enabled.
Make each town a LIST
Put all your LISTs in 1 ScanSET ,enable it.
If that bombs you can always ask one of us to program a file for you.
Don't give up, you got this far!

Going to jump in here. I have downloaded win500 and have gotten the frequencies that I want. Uploaded them to the scanner, made sure everything was enabled (turned on/whatever). All lists were selected, but I am still getting nothing enabled on my scanner. I went to update my scanner frequencies and lost everything. Have tried to upload to the scanner 3 times. What am I doing wrong.

flythunderbird

Feed Provider
Going to jump in here. I have downloaded win500 and have gotten the frequencies that I want. Uploaded them to the scanner, made sure everything was enabled (turned on/whatever). All lists were selected, but I am still getting nothing enabled on my scanner. I went to update my scanner frequencies and lost everything. Have tried to upload to the scanner 3 times. What am I doing wrong.

"Nothing enabled" meas you don't have a scan list selected. When you see "Nothing enabled" on the display, press "1" on the keypad to enable the first scan list. What happens?

DJ11DLN

Take a look of this screen grab from Win500. This is from the "all objects" tab. Note the area far right has all the boxes checked to show all scan lists. And note under the "scanlists" column that there is at least one list showing for each object (an object can be in more than one list). Compare this to your setup. If there is no scanlist number showing in that column, then the object isn't assigned to a scanlist and the scanner can't monitor it. You can assign it by highlighting it in that column and then checking the appropriate box to the right.

Also as noted above, when you turn on the scanner, it should display the active scanlists. They're usually all on by default and you turn them off by pressing the number of the list (1-10, 0=10) and pressing the FUNC key plus the number (11-20). If you don't see numbers on the screen, none of your lists are turned on and your scanner won't hear anything.

Attachments

• win500snip111918.jpg
    win500snip111918.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 263
Yep, that's the way mine looks. I tried to load my list again but now I get Heap error 259625 : 259D
Very strange. It only comes up when I try to turn on any channel that I should be able to listen to. I have to turn off my scanner then turn it back on to get rid of the error code. Any ideas??

DJ11DLN

The heap error usually means that you have a talkgroup not assigned to a system. I feel your pain, when I first got back into scanning several years back after a longer hiatus, I about tore what is left of my hair out as well. But it sounds like starting over from scratch is going to be necessary. Remember, select system, then select sites, then select talkgroups, in that order.

The heap error usually means that you have a talkgroup not assigned to a system. I feel your pain, when I first got back into scanning several years back after a longer hiatus, I about tore what is left of my hair out as well. But it sounds like starting over from scratch is going to be necessary. Remember, select system, then select sites, then select talkgroups, in that order.

So do I have to have a site and a talk group? I'm about to pull the rest of my hair out too.

Last edited:

DJ11DLN

So do I have to have a site and a talk group? I'm about to pull the rest of my hair out too.

Yes. Select the system you want, Win500 will import the whole thing but don't sweat it, the scanner will only try to monitor what you select. Next select the sites close enough for you to receive. Then select the talkgroups you want. Then upload to the scanner and see if it clicks this time.

Yes. Select the system you want, Win500 will import the whole thing but don't sweat it, the scanner will only try to monitor what you select. Next select the sites close enough for you to receive. Then select the talkgroups you want. Then upload to the scanner and see if it clicks this time.

Thanks so much. I'll let you know how it works out. These are so different from what I use to have so many years ago

DJ11DLN

Thanks so much. I'll let you know how it works out. These are so different from what I use to have so many years ago

I hope you get it this time, I do understand. The last scanners I had programmed were a BC560xlt and a Pro-2023 in the early 1990s prior to getting out of the hobby for a time...then I got a Pro-18 in about 2013 and had to figure out iScan. It was culture shock to say the least and without this site I doubt I'd have ever got it working. I did have programming Kenwood radios for the VFD now and then as kind of a bridge to get used to software vs just entering frequencies via a keypad, I do think that helped me. Hang in there & keep at it, as I've said before, if a dumb old fart like me can figure it out, anybody can.

hardsuit

Vrigo Super Cluster, Milky Way Galaxy, Sagatarious
masonjessical01 - you First need to create Playlists in both the Software and the Scanner. the Playlists are your scan BANKS, you can set them up by City, County or Zipcode.
once programmed you can then FIRST update the scanner software database, then import City, County, Zipcode you want. once Downloaded you should update your Scanner.
once that is done, you still need to Program the scanner, by going to Browse Library, there you can set frequencies for Specific services you are interested in. such as Local PD but NOT Animal Control or Sanitation.
after that is done , you should back up your profile in the Scanner software.

Status
Not open for further replies.