Whister TRX-1 update

Status
Not open for further replies.

downsrep

How do I update my Whistler TRX-1? When I download the EZ-Ware it says it should already be on the scanner which it is. I'm just looking to update the database if there are any.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
How do I update my Whistler TRX-1? When I download the EZ-Ware it says it should already be on the scanner which it is. I'm just looking to update the database if there are any.

In EZ-Scan go to updates and select library updates and it will take you through the steps to do that

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
No, EZScan is the software on your comp. Go there. You will see the Update tab/selection there at the top. Then after updating, you write it to the scanner itself. You'll also see a variety of updates - CPU/Firmware/Database, might as well update them all while you have the scanner plugged in.

JD
kf4anc

budevans

on the scanner itself?

Nope... You have to use the EzScan software.
1. Install EzScan on your PC
2. Run/Open EzScan
3. Connect your scanner to your computer. It will take a few seconds for your computer to recognize the connection.
4. You can now use EzScan to download and install updates. Library, Firmware.

TailGator911 beat me to it.

SCPD

QRT
You can get EZscan from the Whistler website or wiki if you don't have it on your sd card or do not know how to get it off the sd card. With radio off if you plug in the USB to the computer from the TRX1 it should install itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.