Whistler 1080 through car audio sys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddsbstrb

I would like to run the audio output from my Whistler 1080 handheld scanner through two, Ford audio systems.

1. A 2010 Ford F-150 with Gen 1 Ford Sync, it has both a USB and 3.5 jacks under the radio.

2. A 2017 Ford Escape with the Ford Gen. 3 Sync. with two USB ports and not 3.5 jack under radio.

I have tried, in the 2017 Ford Escape, using a Aluratek Bluetooth transmitter and the Ford Sync. will not recognize the Aluratek Bluetooth trans.

I have not tried it in the 2010 F-150. I did call Aluratek support, and, they stated it would be doubtful if it would work, in the application I am trying to use [scanner to Ford Sync.]

Anybody have other suggestions for connecting my Whistler 1080 to my, two, Ford's, using other Bluetooth devices or just audio cables, like using two, 3.5 audio jack on one cable for the 2010 and a USB and 3.5 audio on the other end for the 2017?

Thanks so much for your suggestions.

BTW, Whistler says they will be marketing a hand held scanner with built-in Bluetooth, in the future!

troymail

Silent Key
I just use a short or retractable cable and plug into the input (line) jack built into my F150 ... works fine (but it helps that I have a dash mount/holder that is almost right in front of the location of the port).

Waiting for and curious to see the built-in BT on the new TRX-x00 models later this year.....

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
Whistler1080 through Car audio system

I have the WS1080. When I do use it in the car for some reason .... I use THIS (link) to play it over the audio system. As I have no built in BT capability for my older car.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075L7T5R4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I simply run a 3.5 wire from WS1080 ear-jack to the blue cup's 3.5 and then set the BT device for 88.7 FM on my car stereo which is an open channel here locally. Plays LOUD and sometimes "clear" it IS the WS1080 after all. Not a very good mobile scanner or anywhere near the CLASS of my Unication G5 v pager which is the Champ in mobile reception for P25.

Last edited by a moderator:

DJ11DLN

Haven't tried BT but I've done the aux-in patch with GRE/Whistler handheld scanners for years with generally great luck. Audio is very clear and no trouble getting enough volume to overcome road noise. Another option would be an FM micro-transmitter; years back I did this on an older vehicle that didn't have an aux-in jack and it also worked very well. Walmart does (or did) sell these for around $12.

Status
Not open for further replies.