TRX-1: NAC Programming help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpunter

I'm a new TRX-1 owner and I'm quite happy with it. I have been able to program most conventional freqs with out any problems. But here is my question.
I was searching the 170.000 to 174.000 area.
A frequency came up that was clear voice and I got the NAC and TGID digits.
When I programmed it in the scanner, I now hear nothing!
Can anyone help me to program this frequency correctly?
Thanks!

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Did you change the DMODE setting to Digital? If you haven't entered a NAC, is the SQUELCH MODE set to NAC or SEARCH? Are you sure there's traffic on the freq and it wasn't someone passing through or with limited usage?

Ubbe

I beleive that FCC have all frequencies that have been assigned, exept the secret goverment ones.

Could you search that database with your frequency to see what system/owner it belongs to?
Some channels are the last one to be used from a pool and only appear when the system is fully loaded with conversations, which should happen very rarely, or the system have not been designed correctly to handle all the calls without giving a busy signal to its users.

/Ubbe

dpunter

Thanks guys. I'm still not able to hear anything, I'm sure I'm missing something.
I'm getting a NAC of 113 and TGID of 65535.
DG shows on the top display line.
Sorry, but this is quite new to me with this scanner!

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Thanks guys. I'm still not able to hear anything, I'm sure I'm missing something.
I'm getting a NAC of 113 and TGID of 65535.
DG shows on the top display line.
Sorry, but this is quite new to me with this scanner!

This sounds like a trunked system rather than a single channel P25, I could be wrong but that's my thoughts. Also, on systems I'm familiar with in my area, the 655xx TGID is for system id, and you usually don't hear any/much voice traffic. Perhaps if you were willing to share the area/freq with us (or through DM) we can look at it and give a better response.

dpunter

While doing a search,170.675 hit. I heard clear voice comms from one side, and the other side was encrypted. I wrote down the freq to enter into the scanner later. After entering it into the TRX1, I see it hit, but I hear nothing. I'm in the southwest, and I would be interested in DM, just can't find where to contact you. I would like to fill you in some more on me. Thanks!

ecps92

Sounds like ICE was in the CLR when you initially caught them, but the TRX is muting the audio when they go ENC

You found the ICE LA-1 Repeater from Victorville [Quartzite]

While doing a search,170.675 hit. I heard clear voice comms from one side, and the other side was encrypted. I wrote down the freq to enter into the scanner later. After entering it into the TRX1, I see it hit, but I hear nothing. I'm in the southwest, and I would be interested in DM, just can't find where to contact you. I would like to fill you in some more on me. Thanks!

troymail

Silent Key
Did a quick Google and found this:

https://forums.radioreference.com/g...on/224308-federal-freq-170-675-nac-113-a.html

I've seen lots of digital fed frequencies like this and they typically aren't very active....

If you are concerned about the programming of a specific channel and NAC, etc. try narrowing your search range to just above and below that frequency. If you just got lucky that someone was transmitting at one point, you may wait a long time to hear it again. However, if you hear lots of activity on the frequency in that search mode, we can then dig deeper into what the issue might be.Either way, given the nature and usage, you probably won't get much out of the conversation.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.