TRX-1: Georgia State Patrol VHF P25 reception problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayvelcoro

Have two TRX-1's with same antennas/same settings . One of them receives GA St. Patrol VHF P25 non-trunked with noticeably less sensitivity than the other one. Anyone have any ideas about which setting(s) to tweak and experiment with on the affected scanner to increase reception? Have tried switching out multiple antennas which only made matters worse. Buying a "tuned" portable antenna is an option I'd like to hold off on for now if possible. Thanks.

Ray

rayvelcoro

GSP P25 reception problems

Thank you very much! Will give the settings adjustments a try.

Ray

Anthony

Just curious Ray, Did this seem to help the reception on the GSP frequencies?
Thanks,
Anthony

rayvelcoro

GSP P25 reception problems

Haven't had another cross-state trip yet, but looking forward to testing out the settings when I do.

N8IAA

Haven't had another cross-state trip yet, but looking forward to testing out the settings when I do.

I would agree with Devicelab. I've been monitoring the GSP since 1999. All the way from analog conventional to P-25 conventional. Have never tweaked a scanner yet to hear them.

I've used ham radio gear when they were analog. Started with a Pro-96, Pro-106, and a Pro-197 which is my main scanner for GSP and DNR at home. Also have a PSR-800 and a WS-1088. No problems with either of those two at default settings. I can hear the Blue Ridge post, the Cumming post, as well as, the newer Gainesville post. The funny thing is, they are all dispatched out of one communications center. Can all be tied together and can interop with DNR.

My first question is: What antenna are you using on your vehicle? You wouldn't believe what I use mobile. Or, what I use in the shack.
Second question: Are you mixing them with any other frequencies in the ScanList? And which posts are you trying to hear?

Try to be more specific in what your problem is. Better help will follow.

Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.