Whistler 1040 help please ☹️

Status
Not open for further replies.

justinlee1088

I’m having trouble with my scanner scanning trunked now it was scanning fine with the system ids and everything and now it won’t pick up anything only way I can pick it up is using conventional channel on the alternative frequency’s now and it’s picking up everything . I do have the same frequency’s programmed into it and I used win500 to program it was working perfectly fine for awhile now and about a week it only works conventional channels no talk ids or anything I haven’t changed anything

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I’m having trouble with my scanner scanning trunked now it was scanning fine with the system ids and everything and now it won’t pick up anything only way I can pick it up is using conventional channel on the alternative frequency’s now and it’s picking up everything . I do have the same frequency’s programmed into it and I used win500 to program it was working perfectly fine for awhile now and about a week it only works conventional channels no talk ids or anything I haven’t changed anything
What system are you having trouble with? Do you have a link to it's database page?

Also, what is your location? City (or county) and state are enough to go by.

Do you have all of the system's frequencies programmed? Or only the primary & alternate control channels. If only the control channels, it's possible that the control channel has been updated to one you do not have programmed.

justinlee1088

It’s a p25 system located Dyersburg Tennessee and I have them all in there so I don’t think anything updated let me try post Link for you

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
It’s a p25 system located Dyersburg Tennessee and I have them all in there so I don’t think anything updated let me try post Link for you
OK
If you have all six frequencies (not just the control channels) programmed, then a change in control channel frequency should not be your problem.

Have you tried writing the information from Win500 down to your scanner again? I'm wondering if, perhaps, you accidentally hit a key when scanning, and turned off scanlist without realizing it. That's happened to just about all of us at one time or another. You might also make sure that the wildcard is active for that system, just in case one or more talkgroups changed (but not yet submitted to the database).

Since you can hear traffic if holding on one of the frequencies, that pretty much rules out a defect in your antenna, or in the receiver of the scanner. If re-writing to the scanner does not make a difference, then you might post your programming file just to see if anyone spots something out of place. (If you have not changed your programming since it quit working, that's not likely the issue, but never hurts to look.)

[FONT=&quot]Note: To upload an *.P500 file, to the Forums, you must change the file extension to one acceptable per forum requirements. To do that, note where your *.P500 file is saved on your PC.
Using Windows Explorer, find the file.
There are two ways to do this. You can either change the file extension itself, or compress the file using 7-Zip or other file utility. The *.zip file extension can be attached to a post and uploaded to the Forums.

Or, using Windows Explorer, rename your file one of these two ways:
For illustration, let's call your exported file 'MyFile.P500' (without the quotes).
<Right><Click> on the file & choose Rename from the pop-up menu.
You can then rename your file to MyFile.txt, or MyFile.P500.txt in order to attach it to a post. Whoever views the file will need to reset the file name back to MyFile.P500, then it can be imported into Win500 for viewing.[/FONT]

justinlee1088

OK
If you have all six frequencies (not just the control channels) programmed, then a change in control channel frequency should not be your problem.

Have you tried writing the information from Win500 down to your scanner again? I'm wondering if, perhaps, you accidentally hit a key when scanning, and turned off scanlist without realizing it. That's happened to just about all of us at one time or another. You might also make sure that the wildcard is active for that system, just in case one or more talkgroups changed (but not yet submitted to the database).

Since you can hear traffic if holding on one of the frequencies, that pretty much rules out a defect in your antenna, or in the receiver of the scanner. If re-writing to the scanner does not make a difference, then you might post your programming file just to see if anyone spots something out of place. (If you have not changed your programming since it quit working, that's not likely the issue, but never hurts to look.)

[FONT=&quot]Note: To upload an *.P500 file, to the Forums, you must change the file extension to one acceptable per forum requirements. To do that, note where your *.P500 file is saved on your PC.
Using Windows Explorer, find the file.
There are two ways to do this. You can either change the file extension itself, or compress the file using 7-Zip or other file utility. The *.zip file extension can be attached to a post and uploaded to the Forums.

Or, using Windows Explorer, rename your file one of these two ways:
For illustration, let's call your exported file 'MyFile.P500' (without the quotes).
<Right><Click> on the file & choose Rename from the pop-up menu.
You can then rename your file to MyFile.txt, or MyFile.P500.txt in order to attach it to a post. Whoever views the file will need to reset the file name back to MyFile.P500, then it can be imported into Win500 for viewing.[/FONT]

Okay I will try to send the file in a bit to see if anyone can see anything

justinlee1088

Try reloading from Win500 to the scanner again before attaching it. If that does not work, then upload the file when you can.

I got it fixed thank you so much .. those last two Frequencies where not programmed for some reason I only had 4 not 6 maby they are new ones who knows entered them in now all good &#128077;&#127995;&#128077;&#127995;&#128077;&#127995; Thanks for the help

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I got it fixed thank you so much .. those last two Frequencies where not programmed for some reason I only had 4 not 6 maby they are new ones who knows entered them in now all good &#128077;&#127995;&#128077;&#127995;&#128077;&#127995; Thanks for the help
Glad you got it going.

Status
Not open for further replies.