DMR conventional + private calls on WS-1095

Status
Not open for further replies.

wbswetnam

A local PD uses DMR conventional. How do I entice my WS-1095 to monitor unit-to-unit private calls?

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
A local PD uses DMR conventional. How do I entice my WS-1095 to monitor unit-to-unit private calls?
I've read in another forum about the TRX that adding a wildcard in the Radio ID allows you to do this. But I don't know if you can do this in your scanner.

Sent from my LG-Q710AL using Tapatalk

wbswetnam

I've read in another forum about the TRX that adding a wildcard in the Radio ID allows you to do this. But I don't know if you can do this in your scanner.

That only works with DMR trunked systems, not single frequency conventional.

Melv7956

You can tell the radio via programming that it is a trunk system or at least you can with the trx models you then enjoy the added benefits of adding names to radio id’s and private messages.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To monitor private calls with my 1088, I either check the RadioID box in the menu for that particular object, or change the set item for squelch from Talkgroup ID to Radio ID.

It's interesting to note that doing this not only opens up the radio to private calls, but it also still allows all group TGs to pass through as well. Because of this, I keep all my DMR conventional frequencies on the Radio ID setting.

wbswetnam

You can tell the radio via programming that it is a trunk system or at least you can with the trx models you then enjoy the added benefits of adding names to radio id’s and private messages.

You can tell the radio that a single frequency conventional system is trunked? Programming method?

What he's describing is programming the radio under the "trunked systems" tab. There are many perks to doing this, but you'll sacrifice about a second of your scan time just to monitor one particular frequency.

This can be done, especially because on a Whistler the radio will monitor the trunked system by conventionally scanning the frequencies.

N8IAA

To monitor private calls with my 1088, I either check the RadioID box in the menu for that particular object, or change the set item for squelch from Talkgroup ID to Radio ID.

It's interesting to note that doing this not only opens up the radio to private calls, but it also still allows all group TGs to pass through as well. Because of this, I keep all my DMR conventional frequencies on the Radio ID setting.

What he says in Post 6. How I do it with my 1088. This also works with P-25 conventional.

Larry

What he says in Post 6. How I do it with my 1088. This also works with P-25 conventional.

Larry

That's interesting, I didn't know that this could be used for P25.

How do you program for a P25 private call using the software?

Melv7956

What he's describing is programming the radio under the "trunked systems" tab. There are many perks to doing this, but you'll sacrifice about a second of your scan time just to monitor one particular frequency.

This can be done, especially because on a Whistler the radio will monitor the trunked system by conventionally scanning the frequencies.

Plus you get the added bonus of being able to give the radio numbers names which will then come up when they transmit which you can’t if programmed as conventional.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wbswetnam

I figured out how to program a conventional DMR one frequency as a "one frequency trunked" system. It is coming up with the wildcard! now so I guess I did it right. Now I'm just waiting for the dispatcher to say "Go to ten"; then we'll see if this work-around is correct.

tmfok7

I figured out how to program a conventional DMR one frequency as a "one frequency trunked" system. It is coming up with the wildcard! now so I guess I did it right. Now I'm just waiting for the dispatcher to say "Go to ten"; then we'll see if this work-around is correct.

I have some theories but.... how exactly did you do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.