WS1040: Programming Talk Group on Fire Agencies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello! I have been depsrately trying to program my local Fire Department, along with its fire grounds. McAllen (TX) Fire Department recently switched to handle its own dispatch system, and im not sure if any info has been submitted. Now, if info has been submitted, How would I program the system, there is 5 digit numbers on the side labled as a "DEC". Are those the proper numbers to submit into the scanner? if so, how do I program and set in my scanner. Thanks!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-11-04 at 7.48.51 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-11-04 at 7.48.51 PM.png
    29.1 KB · Views: 224

Swipesy

McAllenFireBuff,

It would help us to help you if you stated how you are programming your 1040. Are you programming by hand or using software?

The basics are you need to program the Lower Rio Grande Valley Regional Radio System (LRGVRRS) system tower(s) you are near with their Control and Alt frequencies. After programming the system then you need to add the Talkgroups with an Alpha Tag to the system. The five digit numbers on the far left of your graph are the Talkgroups.

Reply:

I'm doing handheld, and the scanner is still not picking up the chatter, i went to the local station and yet It did not pick up anything when a call came in, I have the 5 Digit numbers labled under the tag "ID" with the 5 numbers on the side, I inserted the Talk group Frequencies UNDER "McAllen" still not picking up anything, I had asked for help and a guy came and said I needed to change a few things, I'm unsure weather to find information on the frequency.

ATTEN: ON
NARROW FM: YES
AUDIOBOOST: OFF
DWELL: 0
DIG ACC: ON
SUPERTRACK: ON
MULTI-SITE: ROAM
THRES HI: 95
THRES LO:75
T TABLES: Custom

What can I be doing wrong?

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Hello! I have been depsrately trying to program my local Fire Department, along with its fire grounds. McAllen (TX) Fire Department recently switched to handle its own dispatch system, and im not sure if any info has been submitted. Now, if info has been submitted, How would I program the system, there is 5 digit numbers on the side labled as a "DEC". Are those the proper numbers to submit into the scanner? if so, how do I program and set in my scanner. Thanks!

https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=633 McAllen Trunked System
This is a Motorola Type II Smartnet trunked system, you need to program in the control channels (there are 4 listed) at a minimum (I'd recommend all the channels for this system though) as a trunked system, then for the talk group ID you enter the five digit talk group IDs, the Tag is the talk group identification or name (IE frequencies 862.050c 863.050c 864.050c 865.050c Talk Group 4592 Tag MCALLEN FIRE DISP)

Found the system you are trying to program, https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=6742
Frequency (for McAllen tower) 868.0625c Talk Group 60731 Tag McAllen FD

You might try both systems

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.