Ham Band Man

Status
Not open for further replies.

ww2ww

I have programmed the Monmouth County Public Safety in NJ by the Win 500 program and the talk groups and channels seemed to be programmed ok but I hear zilch. I wonder. I have a great area to recieve but dead air on the whole channel that and NJSP no good on either any help?

Swipesy

I have programmed the Monmouth County Public Safety in NJ by the Win 500 program and the talk groups and channels seemed to be programmed ok but I hear zilch. I wonder. I have a great area to recieve but dead air on the whole channel that and NJSP no good on either any help?

I would suggest you have the Moderators move this to the NJ Forum. There is talk on that forum about reception issues and they can advise you.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
And for which radio? Examining the database for Monmouth county...

https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=7198

You need a phase 2 capable scanner to hear this county. In addition, the Law Enforcement talkgroups are all encrypted, so no matter what you have, you won't copy them. The Whistler models that would fit the bill for the rest of the county system would be the WS1080, WS1088, WS1095, WS1098, TRX-1 and TRX-2, none of which work with Win500.

Mike

Last edited:

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I *think* it's a play on the identifier for the OP. It should be renamed by a moderator to make more sense. I will send a request as well as requesting it to be moved to the NJ forum where a little more direct help by NJ scannists can assist him.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.