WS 1065 programming question

Status
Not open for further replies.

w7cma

My local PD broadcast p25 and analog on the same frequency. P25 used 203NAC tone while analog uses 203.5 CTCSS. Question is , how do I program the scanner to decode both signals on the same channel.

Thanks in advance for any help.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
My local PD broadcast p25 and analog on the same frequency. P25 used 203NAC tone while analog uses 203.5 CTCSS. Question is , how do I program the scanner to decode both signals on the same channel.

Thanks in advance for any help.
You'd need to program the same frequency twice.

First one, use the CTCSS code. That covers the analog transmissions.

Second one, use the NAC code, which would then only receive the digital transmissions.

There are a number of agencies in y area that use both analog and digital on the same frequency. For rural counties, it's common for the sheriff's office to use digital, while the various county volunteer fire departments retain their analog radios. Generally, I tag the channels with either an "an" for analog, or "dig" for the digital side.

w7cma

You'd need to program the same frequency twice.

First one, use the CTCSS code. That covers the analog transmissions.

Second one, use the NAC code, which would then only receive the digital transmissions.

There are a number of agencies in y area that use both analog and digital on the same frequency. For rural counties, it's common for the sheriff's office to use digital, while the various county volunteer fire departments retain their analog radios. Generally, I tag the channels with either an "an" for analog, or "dig" for the digital side.

Thanks for your answer. The problem I see is that dispatch is analog while some of the mobiles are digital. How is that going to work when a digital mobile is talking to dispatch on analog? that the problem I have now, I can hear dispatch nut not the mobile.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Thanks for your answer. The problem I see is that dispatch is analog while some of the mobiles are digital. How is that going to work when a digital mobile is talking to dispatch on analog? that the problem I have now, I can hear dispatch nut not the mobile.
Once the analog dispatch unkeys, the scanner will move to the next channel (frequency) programmed, which in this case would be the digital version of the channel. So, if the mobile replies in digital, then you'd hear it. Then, once the digital (mobile) quits transmitting, the scanner would then check for the next active channel. Depending on what else you have loaded, it would then pass back to the analog channel again when it comes up in sequence. I'd also suggest not using a delay over 1 second, since apparently they are swapping modes back & forth.

Once or twice a month, I visit a friend at her place in a rural county, about 100 miles west. Stephens County is set up much the same as yours. While you do not have a system hold option on the WS1065, I do on the Uniden scanners, so for counties like this, I add a one or two second hold, to keep the scanner looking at that system for replies alternating between analog and digital. Texas DPS is much the same. I use a system hold on it as well, since the base and mobiles are often on separate frequencies (not repeated).

w7cma

Once the analog dispatch unkeys, the scanner will move to the next channel (frequency) programmed, which in this case would be the digital version of the channel. So, if the mobile replies in digital, then you'd hear it. Then, once the digital (mobile) quits transmitting, the scanner would then check for the next active channel. Depending on what else you have loaded, it would then pass back to the analog channel again when it comes up in sequence. I'd also suggest not using a delay over 1 second, since apparently they are swapping modes back & forth.

Once or twice a month, I visit a friend at her place in a rural county, about 100 miles west. Stephens County is set up much the same as yours. While you do not have a system hold option on the WS1065, I do on the Uniden scanners, so for counties like this, I add a one or two second hold, to keep the scanner looking at that system for replies alternating between analog and digital. Texas DPS is much the same. I use a system hold on it as well, since the base and mobiles are often on separate frequencies (not repeated).

Makes perfect sense. Thank You

Status
Not open for further replies.