TRX-1: Truly need help understanding how to program

Status
Not open for further replies.

babyredwing

I have been trying to program channels into my scanner the TRX-1 and can not get it to work..
If someone can help me that would be great.. I am really new to all of this and trying to understand.. What I want to get is my local fire deptments and ambulance channels and they are not listed in the ez-scan software.

I will start with my local fire department. St. Remy Fire District Ulster Park New York Call sign WQWR 743
.Found a couple of Frequencies listed.. One in a white column and one in the Blue or highlighted ( the same frequencey number ).
I entered the frequencey number under new channel added it in and after that Heck I got lost since it never worked guessing at all the questions..
The software asks questions I can not find answers to and do not how to find the answers to the questions in radiorefrence.
The fire department and ambulance group is only 3 houses away so I know that they are not to far way to receive. I do believe they are conventional frequencies.

If someone could take a little time and walk me throu the proceedure and how to use the Radiorefrence info on to program the Trx-1 So I can get the my local stations wold be a very big help.

I am 68 yrs old and not very tech savy and been trying to figure this out now for a couple of months with no luck.
I did purchased the scanner pre programmed knowing I would have issues with programming but they only installed what was in the ez-scan libary and nothing else.
It seems to be a very good scanner and for what is programed into it I will say it works very well Just adding to the library is not easy for me. ..

Ubbe

Seems strange if one fire house have their own frequencies. Ulster Fire has a lot of conventional frequencies to use. Are you sure that the frequencies you want to enter isn't included in the database?

/Ubbe

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
I've sent you a PM explaining how to do this, let me know if you still need help. By the way, the callsign you listed does not exist in the FCC database, but WQEK503 matches the station locations for the St Remy VFD. Also, the license is under Ulster not St Remy's name.

babyredwing

Ubbe:: As far as I could find I could not find the Frequency in the Ez- scan program does not have the listing..... Now I could be making a mistake since I am really trying to figure this hole thing out. Thanks for the info have listed.

babyredwing

Thank you any and all your help.

I've sent you a PM explaining how to do this, let me know if you still need help. By the way, the callsign you listed does not exist in the FCC database, but WQEK503 matches the station locations for the St Remy VFD. Also, the license is under Ulster not St Remy's name.

Thank you for your reply I hope your info will help me out Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.