frustrated6064

Status
Not open for further replies.

frustrated6064

Premium Subscriber
Got a Whistler 1065 scanner and can't auto program and just want to know right now how to manually program my local fire,emt, dispatch frequencies just for now till I learn more!!! Can anyone help ?

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Manual Versus Computer

I would suggest reading the two Wiki Articles referenced at this page
WS1065 - The RadioReference Wiki

Manual programming of the 1065 (old Pro-197) or other GRE-styled radios is a tedious task. In fact, I would call it self-flagellation. However, if you only have a few frequencies to add, give it a go.

I strongly suggest considering Win500 as your programming software when dealing with statewide radio systems like Viper. Instead of viewing and programming radio systems and/or conventional frequencies through a small display window, you can see much more using Win500.

Each and every time I attempted, I would get a "heap error."

Last edited:

hardsuit

Vrigo Super Cluster, Milky Way Galaxy, Sagatarious
fusterated6064 - If you are up to Self Punishment then by all means program your 1068 by hand, but programming by PC is your friend, its cleaner and faster, fewer mistakes, and some Trunking systems may have 100 or so sites. I update my EZ scan every week, takes me just a few minutes. In this Changing environment , there are a lot of Public Safety going to Digital Trunking as well as other services going Digital as well. and they keep changing Frequencies. I ditched Pen and Paper frequency lists Decades ago.

wbswetnam

I agree with the other posters. I used to have a Radio Shack Pro-197 (same as WS-1065), and programming it via the keyboard was a nightmare! Computer programming is the only way to go with digital scanners these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.