images in the wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Recently an individual loaded almost 3 dozen images into the wiki file area which are flagged as being unused. For the most part, it consists of images of patches with a few pix of apparatus thrown in. There were a couple of maps that might be useful

To me, the patches and apparatus photos don't add all that much to the collaboration conversation. When something sits in the unused area, it's hard for a user to know they even exist. To me, it's unnecessary clutter. The maps should be allocated somewhere, but the rest should be deep sixed. My various attempts to reach this individual have gone unanswered.

However - I'd like to throw this out to the membership. What about it? Feelings one way or the other?

73 Mike

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Recently an individual loaded almost 3 dozen images into the wiki file area which are flagged as being unused. For the most part, it consists of images of patches with a few pix of apparatus thrown in. There were a couple of maps that might be useful

To me, the patches and apparatus photos don't add all that much to the collaboration conversation. When something sits in the unused area, it's hard for a user to know they even exist. To me, it's unnecessary clutter. The maps should be allocated somewhere, but the rest should be deep sixed. My various attempts to reach this individual have gone unanswered.

However - I'd like to throw this out to the membership. What about it? Feelings one way or the other?

73 Mike
Mike, your tireless effort to keep er going has run into a snag. You've made an attempt to resolve the issue so dump em, they'll come back if needed. Outstanding work with collaboration, some folks have really put good work in.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Thanks Frank. It's appreciated. That's likely what I will do - but I did want to give the membership a chance to speak up - after all the wiki is the member's area.

These files will be added to the list to be deleted. 73 Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.