Newcomers:standards

Status
Not open for further replies.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Firstly, welcome.

This wiki is the largest one of its kind covering radio related topics found anywhere in the world. Currently this site is in the midst of moving files, maps and other data (but NOT frequency and trunking information) from the database to the wiki. This is to encourage users, like yourself, to edit and maintain such data, as well as to get more folks involved in using the wiki itself. It is referred to as the Collaboration project, after the database entry that points to the wiki page, effectively making a 'gateway' of sorts between the 2 environments.

As this site is worldwide (although by its very nature the largest percentage of users is in the US and Canada), such a project requires a certain amount of standards and policies to manage effectively. To that end, I encourage all people interested in participating in this project - or to add other data, not necessarily related to the Collaboration project, to read the article below. Note that here, as on the wiki, anything in blue is a link. The coding standards section also has links to demonstrate the many techniques we use as a standard here...

Collaboration Guidelines - The RadioReference Wiki

If you have questions about how to apply some of these techniques, or how to use the wiki itself, please don't hesitate to shoot me an email (See Below) or send me a private mail using the RR system.

73 Mike

Last edited by a moderator:

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
A gentle reminder -

Please don't post questions in the wiki. Not everyone reads the wiki, but many more by far are on the forums. So posting in the forums greatly increases the chances of getting any replies.

We try to edit these out of the wiki when we find them, but with 5000+ articles, obviously we can't watch them all.

best regards..Mike

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
This thread is quite old, and my email has changed. If you have questions, please don't hesitate to ask W9RXR Bob, who is the admin, or me at ka3jjz1 (at) verizon (dot) net (the at and dot are to make it harder for spambots) and we'll be glad to set you on the right path

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.