Info re FDRS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Dumb question: what is FDRS? If you have something, please write it up. Either Bob or I can help you put it into the wiki 73 Mike

N1508J

I'm the dumb one!

Dumb question: what is FDRS? If you have something, please write it up. Either Bob or I can help you put it into the wiki 73 Mike

I am the dumb one Mike.:lol: I ment FDMA. I am hearing that PG county MD sherriff is now using FDMA on 700Megs. I don't listen to any PG traffic but some of my PG friends say they have not heard any PG communications recently.

TNX and 73 de N1508J

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Well they're not using FDMA, they're actually using TDMA, and yes, PG county made a big switch recently to using pre-phase 2 P25, which is completely unmonitorable by anything out of the box. There's an extensive thread about this very subject in the Maryland forum.

I heard a rumor that PG fire won't go phase 2, they'll stay with a standard Phase 1 P25 system, which can be monitored, but that's very unconfirmed

We already have very brief articles on both FDMA and TDMA in the glossary section of the wiki. You're more than welcome to add to them

73 Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.