New Wiki Extension request for viewing RRDB TG ranges

Status
Not open for further replies.

QDP2012

Good morning Wiki Admins,

I don't know how difficult it is to develop Wiki extensions. If this requires too much development-effort, then please disregard the following request. Thank you for your consideration.

Situation:
As more very-wide-area or statewide TRSs become active or expand, some members who want to quickly identify or lookup a TGID from the RRDB's related "List All in one table" numerically-sorted list, find that they can lookup the TGID more quickly if they download the full TG list from the RRDB into a spreadsheet, and group the list by TG Ranges, like in groups of 10000, or so.​

Example:
Please see the discussion about NC's VIPER system in the Talk Groups sequentially? thread. This could apply to other very-large-area, or statewide systems, as well.​

Problem:
This means that whenever the RRDB changes, the members have to either manually update their lists, or download and regroup the entire list again.​

Question:
Would you consider creating a new Wiki extension, similar to the current <tg> extension, possibly named <tgr> that would display a range of TGIDs?

The tag would be used something like this
Code:
<tgr | (sysid) | (starting TGID) | (ending TGID) >
An extension like this would allow someone to build range-grouped lists in their own UserPage(s), which would automatically update with RRDB changes, and would, when appropriate, allow range-based TG-lists to be used in the TRS's Wiki pages.​

Thank you for your time and consideration,

Last edited:

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I'm pretty sure - I wouldn't swear to it - that Lindsay coded up all these extensions....Mike

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
I understand the use case and problem being solved here - but I don't think the wiki is a good platform for doing this.

Maybe we possibly investigate the API as a method of delivery for this type of data queries?

Status
Not open for further replies.