Wiki to be deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.

QDP2012

Thanks for catching the dead page.

Very recently, I submitted to the Wiki Admin, W9BU, a very long list of several hundred pages, categories, and templates, to be deleted, including the dead-page you mention. I'm not sure what administrative procedures he must follow before actually deleting them, but I would guess it will take a while to get everything squared-away, especially if he has to delete them one at a time.

Also, it seems that the right parenthesis is missing from the good link you posted. With it, the link is:
US Forest Service - Los Padres National Forest (CA)

Hope this helps,

Last edited:

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I'm sure there's something out there to do this (maybe with a Python job of some kind)...but for now at least, it's one at a time - daunting when there are hundreds of pages to be dropped...Mike

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
And dropping pages is slow, unfortunately. It's takes about a minute per.

This one has been dropped.

ecps92

Sorry, keep forgetting RR drops the last ) when sharing the URL via cut-n-paste (has always been an issue)

Thanks for catching the dead page.

Very recently, I submitted to the Wiki Admin, W9BU, a very long list of several hundred pages, categories, and templates, to be deleted, including the dead-page you mention. I'm not sure what administrative procedures he must follow before actually deleting them, but I would guess it will take a while to get everything squared-away, especially if he has to delete them one at a time.

Also, it seems that the right parenthesis is missing from the good link you posted. With it, the link is:
US Forest Service - Los Padres National Forest (CA)

Hope this helps,

QDP2012

The fastest way to find all of the dead-pages is to look at the RR Wiki's "Special:Short Pages" list, and notice the ones that have a size of 0 bytes.

The following link lists the 432 pages that are currently blank/dead:

RR Wiki: Short Pages (showing the first 432, which are blank).

More might become blank later. The link was manually limited to 432, because that's how many are blank at this moment.

(The above link relates only to blank articles, and does not include the 100 categories and 45 templates that currently need deletion.)

Hope this helps,

Last edited:

QDP2012

Good afternoon W9BU,

Great job deleting those ~750 blank Wiki pages!

Another 8 were added to the list earlier today as a result of airport-renaming in the DB.

Thanks,

QDP2012

Delete or Develop?

Good afternoon Wiki Admins,

The following page is incomplete and uncategorized. The OP stopped development on it in April 2016, hasn't made any Wiki-edits since June 2016, and has not posted in the Forums since Feb 2014.

RR Wiki: Amateur Radio/70cm 446 FM Simplex Frequencies

Should someone try to finish the page, or should it be deleted? It seems that its content might be considered basically redundant with info that is available in other places.

What do you advise?

Thanks,

nd5y

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
The following page is incomplete and uncategorized. The OP stopped development on it in April 2016, hasn't made any Wiki-edits since June 2016, and has not posted in the Forums since Feb 2014.

RR Wiki: Amateur Radio/70cm 446 FM Simplex Frequencies
This article seems a little odd especially without similar articles describing the other bands.

The article that links to the referenced article covers the basics and provides links to other sources of information thereby making the referenced article redundant.

My vote would be to blank it and delete it.

QDP2012

Another candidate for deletion

Good morning Wiki Admins,

The Corporate Trunked Systems Wiki page has not had its content updated since 2011. The page itself seems to be redundant with listings in the various states' "Trunked Radio Systems (ST)" pages, and with the listings in the various category-pages (which were created after 2011).

Is it ok to blank/delete the page?

Thanks,

QDP2012

Grouping of TRS lists

"Corporate Trunked Systems" is blank and ready for deletion.

In case we later choose to discuss the possible re-grouping of items on the various states' "Trunked Radio Systems (ST)" pages, here is a list of the groups that were used on the "Corporate Trunked Systems" page.
  • 1 Aviation Industry
  • 2 Automotive Manufacturing Industry
  • 3 Beverage Industry
  • 4 Hospitality Industry
  • 5 Petrochemical Industry
  • 6 Pharmaceutical Industry
  • 7 Retail Industry
  • 8 Shipping Industry
  • 9 Technology Industry
  • 10 Utilities
  • 11 Miscellaneous Industries

Thanks,