Using the Table Trbosys template

Status
Not open for further replies.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Hmm...someone I know redid my template but it appears the first entry is not filled in, but I can see all the sites that follow it, and the sites match the database. Can't quite see why that first entry is not working...I'm not all that good at HTML, and I used pure wiki coding for my version...

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Ah, I see it - instead of calling the template with all the variables, you hard-coded it all. No wonder it looked so funky.

That's not how to use a template. This template was designed to be 'filled in' by simply indicating the variable name you want to substitute, then put the value in. The template will build the table for you.

Unfortunately the individual that recoded the template never updated the documentation; however at the bottom, you can see a simple example of how to call the template, then fill in the values.

Template:Table Trbosys/doc - The RadioReference Wiki

and that is followed by a short example of an actual template being called.

Keep in mind that there should be 1 page per site - so if you have 5 sites, there are 5 bandplan pages. .

Notice that in the example of an actual call, the HIDE command will suppress any unused entries in the table, making it much easier to read. I would suggest building each of the sites, 1 page at a time, in your user area, then save it away as a text file. Then when you're all finished, it's just a matter of copy and paste.

Keep in mind that validated data should be sent to the database team.

If you have any other questions about calling the template, please do ask. It's a bit tricky, but once you get the hang of using the table variables, it becomes second nature.

Mike

QDP2012

...Unfortunately the individual that recoded the template never updated the documentation...

My apologies for the delay in updating documentation. I have been offline an extended time due to multiple medical and funeral situations involving friends and family. I will try to get back on-task here after the new year.

Merry Christmas,

Status
Not open for further replies.