Entering data for trunk systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
For the last couple of years now, I have been the de-facto migration analyst that takes the data entered into the wiki for trunk systems (mostly, I suspect, using the wiki button on the trunk system form in the database) and modifying it to fit our standards. A recent bunch of data entered into our Ontario area made me aware (actually I had been for some time) that I had never written anything about the procedures and various wiki structures that are used when I had to do this.

That deficiency has been corrected. Most everything that one would need to know about this migration has been documented here...

Entering Trunk System Data in the Wiki - The RadioReference Wiki

It should be noted that, in some ways, the procedures we use are a bit more informative as well as complete than the data that the database can currently handle. For example, it was the wiki application that started collecting MOTOTRBO data well ahead of what the database now does. We have also have a structure available for documenting talkgroups that are under investigation, something that, by policy, the database can't handle. In addition we have structures available to warn individuals about most all of the trunk system types that need a particular set of scanner(s) or applications to be able to hear, again well ahead of the database's currently limited abilities (it only warns folks about Phase 2 systems). It even warns users of systems that can't be tracked at all.

If you are planning on adding any more trunked data to the wiki - which is always welcome, by the way - please take a look at this article. Questions about how to use these structures, such as the various templates, are welcome in this forum

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.