2012 Wisconsin State Fair

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fair starts this Thursday! The food, the rides, the fun, and not to mention, plenty of radio activity!

I listened in on their LTR system today and there's already lots of activity on the system, especially on the Security and Agriculture talkgroups.

The trunking system details are available at Wisconsin State Fair Park Trunking System, West Allis, Wisconsin - Scanner Frequencies. I usually scan all talkgroups on channel 2, since the fair has a tendency to shift some groups around by one or two digits. The channel 5 ones aren't used during the fair, only during non-fair events (a.k.a. Wisconsin Expo Center). A little birdie also told me that the fair is getting 6-8 new talkgroups for this year. If you hear activity on any talkgroups not in the list, feel free to post them here!

CrabbyMilton

You just confirmed what I said in that other post in that some talkgroups do indeed change by one or tow digits year to year. I don't know if that's an unknown problem at their end or just the nature of an LTR system. But I suppose if you just want to program the fair as conventional that will work too but the only thing is that method oftens prove too much of what you don't want to hear. I don't know about you but I find myself going thru some withdrawl after the fair because there is alot of neat stuff to monitor. :)

Tim

Feed Provider
Greetings All...

It appears like the WI Expo Center operations are using 04-xxx's the last couple of days. Not sure if this is just a state fair thing or a permanent move.

0-04-061
0-04-070 Security??
0-04-200

Also, it seems like 0-02-085 is a patch of Milwaukee County Sheriff's F2 (MCTRS TG 22448). We'll see if this stays up during the fair.

I guess we might find out more tomorrow.

Tim

OpSec

All your WACN are belong to us
Database Admin
I do believe that WSFP has the ability to patch two 800 MHz channels into the LTR system, so look for MCSO F2 to be one of them and, if I was a betting man, something with WAPD/FD to be the other.

CrabbyMilton

There already are 2 West Allis patches on there. One is the WAFD and the other is WAPD. In a perfect world, there would also be a patch from MFD since they cover the far northern section of the grounds but that may as likely as the BREWERS winning the World Series this year.

The park has a West Allis PD patch, a West Allis FD patch (since they are the on-site ALS service), and a patch for the MCSO (which is 0-02-85). They may be patching other departments this year as well, but I haven't heard any yet.

I programmed all of the 4 talkgroups into my scanner, heard some activity on 0-04-70, sounds like Expo Center Ops (it has its own channel during the fair), but once I've confirmed it I'll submit a revision.

Hearing some activity on 0-04-199 and 0-04-71. 0-04-200 sounds like the new Electricians channel

Last edited:

Mweiher

We used UASI Homeland Security funding to buy MotoBridge for them to link to MCTRS. I can't promise they used it as I left pre-fair 2010. But a lot of taxpayer money went into that technology, along with the Lenovo Tablet PC to monitor and run it. We tested MotoBridge at an FBI Conference in early 2010, so I know it worked to link MCTRS to FBI VHF channels....

Again, I can't confirm it was used at State Fair as promised to the feds tho....

Some discovered talkgroups:
0-04-200 Electricians and Wiring
0-04-071 Grounds Bathroom Operations
0-04-199 Grounds Channel 3 - Seems like a secondary general ops channel.
0-04-189 Staff Shuttle (Golf Carts)

Status
Not open for further replies.