washington County P25

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gasman315

Premium Subscriber
Is anyone noticing variable quality of the P25 County system. I keep all setting the same on a PSR 800 and most of the time they are perfect but sometimes without changing any thing in the radio all the transmissions are distorted. It is much easier to detect when you set up to record all night. Most nights all is good,but last night transmissions were barely understandable.. Any explanations or help would be appreciated

box23

Is anyone noticing variable quality of the P25 County system. I keep all setting the same on a PSR 800 and most of the time they are perfect but sometimes without changing any thing in the radio all the transmissions are distorted. It is much easier to detect when you set up to record all night. Most nights all is good,but last night transmissions were barely understandable.. Any explanations or help would be appreciated

It is a simulcast system. When the propagation changes enough your receiver is able to hear more than one of the transmitters and is unable to process the signal properly because of the destructive interference.

Gasman315

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the information. When I experience this again I will lock in on the closest control channel.

OpSec

All your WACN are belong to us
Database Admin
It's a simulcast system...there is only one control channel and it comes from all sites at the same time. Your scanner can't manipulate a different site or CC frequency. It is what it is and you'll have to find a better spot or better antenna.

Gasman315

Premium Subscriber
i am confused. The data base show numerous control channels. Locking into one of the control frequencies from a tower 1/2 mile from from my house will not help?What would you suggest as an antenna?
Thanks

OpSec

All your WACN are belong to us
Database Admin
There are several channels listed that can -potentially- be the CC on the system, but there is only one actual CC in use at a time. If the system needs to change CC's because it detects interference or a channel failure, one of the other ones listed will be used in whatever order the system admin has selected.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.