Status
Not open for further replies.

biglaz

There's a large collection of licenses for this frequency across the state. It's a public safety frequency, but some of the licensees don't seem to be quite related to public safety. And some of the different license locations are fairly close to one another...close enough to cause interference.

Anyone know anything about this frequency? There seems to be a nice share of counties and the state of Wisconsin that have this frequency licensed.

I'm mostly interested in Dane County's uses...it's licensed by four cities, the state, and a bus company??

http://radioreference.com/modules.php?name=RR&stcd=WI&freq=155.220&action=sf

dispatcher40

Feed Provider
While usually a EMS or hospital frequency in the FCC master plan a few years ago, qualifying agencies to operate on this channel include EMS, Hospitals, Dr. Offices, School Buses and I believe a few others that you wouldn't normally think of being associated with EMS.

RevGary

Pastor and Chaplain Responder
Anyone having any luck with the original question at the top of this thread?

I monitored the frequency from near Green Bay and only heard base stations simplex in Sheboygan and some place in Green Lake county dispatching school busses.

The State of Wisconsin is licensed for that frequency for the Scout Explorer program in Madison and Fond Du Lac and has the option of putting up temporary bases at the Jamboree locations throughout the state for First Aid, Security and event coordination. It is NOT an active cruiser frequency.

The frequency is licensed in DANE COUNTY as an Administrative frequency for EMS Operations and is listed in the "M" classification for Emergency Medical rather than the common listing under "S" for Special Emergency. It is a base to base AND base to AIRCRAFT (chopper) administrative channel in Dane County for members of the Dane County Hospital Association in coordinating MediVac logistics rather than patient status updates (which is sometimes done on 155.340).

djeplett

RevGary said:
The State of Wisconsin is licensed for that frequency for the Scout Explorer program in Madison and Fond Du Lac...
Well, that answers my old forum question. Thanks, RevGary.

Status
Not open for further replies.