Brown County - looking for new scanner - Digital?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcsewnab

Premium Subscriber
Hello,

I am located in Suamico just north of Green Bay WI. I am using a 20 yr old Bearcat 16 channel scanner to listen to a few local feeds. I am interested in buying a new scanner so I can pickup GB police.

Based on my research they are currently on an 800MHZ analog trunk system. I was looking at the Uniden BC346XT. It looks like it would meet my current need but I'm concerned about investing in a new scanner and not going digital. I cant seem to find anything online about the GB police upgrade to digital. Does anyone have any information on future plans?

I've also read through the post on WISCOM. Although I don't completely understand it I know that system is digital.

The cheapest digital I can find seems to be just above $400, BDC396XLT, PSR500, Pro 106.

Kursch1672

Premium Subscriber
I would definately go digital. Even if GB doesn't go digital, you'll still get WISCOM. I'm in Manitowoc, and we're digital now.

mcsewnab

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the response. I guess I'll start looking around for a deal on a PSR800.

ntroudt

hey man, i have a PRO-106, use to have a PRO-96 until waukesha county turend digtal. The PRO-106 is by far the best scanner ive ever had few problems programming it tho, i would suggest you do program it your self so raido shack dosnt screw it up. But for the 200-400$ they sell for its worth the buy. P.S- it has a very short battry life.

ntroudt

but they are re banded? because my Pro-97 stopped working about 2 years ago, and i was talking to a officer at Pewaukee Police and he said they switched radios to digital.

Status
Not open for further replies.