Waukesha county encrypted scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

ntroudt

Today i heard that city of brookfield is going to get encrypted raidos soon so no one can listen
In, any of you guys know about that?

WIscannerguy24

Premium Subscriber
Well they could be getting encrypted capable radios but being Encrypted 24/7 is not likely since they are dispatched by Waukesha County Communications (WCC) a county wide dispatch center. I will listen in but they are still in the clear as of now.

ntroudt

I am aware of that, but this is info coming from city of brookfields cheif, he stated it was "soon to happen"

ntroudt

So having a encrypted talk group woul require WCC to all be incryptrd then

WIscannerguy24

Premium Subscriber
If what you are saying is true, WCC would need a encrypted talkgroup if City of Brookfield would want to be encrypted then WCC would also need a console/ radio with encryption enabled and then all the City of Brookfield police department vehicles and mobiles would also need to be encryption enable and they share the Area 1 talkgroup with Town of Brookfield as well. it would be a big undertaking and with Waukesha County in the first stages of planning a new P25 digital radio system my bet is they maybe getting radios that are P25 compatible and also have encryption capabilities

mkescan

My guess is probably just 1 of their own talkgroups would have encryption capabilities, just like Sheriff SWAT, Drug Enforcement & Radio Shop guys have.

Div106

Premium Subscriber
WCC doesn't plan on encrypting any of the Police dispatch channels when they move over to the new digital radio system next year

Status
Not open for further replies.