Waukesha County going Digital January, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

a1emt

Premium Subscriber
Definitely won't be January...since they haven't even signed a contract with a vendor yet :cool:...Might hear a P25 control channel by summer 2014, but the migration isn't going to be at the "flip of a switch" since all the channels have to be gradually changed from analog to digital as the users move over. Kind of a balancing act as the agencies get brought online...Not to mention building two new towers, template reprogramming, replacing/installing hundreds of radios, testing, training users and all the other details.

Jim

washradiotech

Waukesha p25

Ummm ya that dates not going to happen. Two years after signing is a little more realistic. Should be a great system no mater who is awarded. I'm looking forward to some more P25 in the area..especially on 800mhz with linear simulcasting.

mkescan

I would like to have a thread, with updates on Milwaukee County / Waukesha County P25 & WISCOM 800 in these counties. But my guess is Admin would close it, because it includes WISCOM. Sorry to post this here, but I wanted a answer from a WI Admin.

I would like to have a thread, with updates on Milwaukee County / Waukesha County P25 & WISCOM 800 in these counties. But my guess is Admin would close it, because it includes WISCOM. Sorry to post this here, but I wanted a answer from a WI Admin.

WISCOM should be in the WISCOM thread, no?

I'm sure something about the progress of the Waukesha/Milwaukee joint project should be out this fall, since the RFPs were due back several weeks ago already. The system certainly won't be operable yet this year and probably most of next year.

sfd119

WISCOM should be in the WISCOM thread, no?

I'm sure something about the progress of the Waukesha/Milwaukee joint project should be out this fall, since the RFPs were due back several weeks ago already. The system certainly won't be operable yet this year and probably most of next year.

I think WISCOM threads should be split up by WEM groups myself. I don't much care about the Milwaukee 800mhz system as I'm sure that mkescan doesn't care about a new Superior WISCOM site.

WIscannerguy24

Premium Subscriber
According the Waukesha County Website Bids/RFPs List its still pending so not sure where the Motorola information came from besides they are on a Motorola system right now.

R8000

Low Battery
Premium Subscriber
Yep, I seen it, but some didn't see it, and don't believe it's true.

That's all that I saw. I haven't followed that system too closely since I am not near that area :(

Status
Not open for further replies.