Waukesha County Signal

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikedaman34

Good Afternoon,

I had a post going in the uniden t-shooting forum and my issue may make more sense here.

I just bought the BCD996P2 and used Freescan to program it. I'm listening just to Waukesha County which is where I live so figured the signal should be good.

I have no issues picking up transmissions but the amount of static during communications is pretty bad.

Someone on the other thread said they experienced the same thing in Waukesha County when driving through.

Curious if others have noticed this or if it's just me. Seeing how much effort I should put into troubleshooting if it is what it is.

Thanks!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

mikedaman34

I'll add that I've only tried the 800mhz band so far which is the bulk of the Motorola II radio in use.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

a1emt

Premium Subscriber
Hi Mike,

the system you are scanning is an analog "simulcast" system meaning that your receiver is likely hearing more than one transmitter site at the same time. Hard to describe, but the simulcast can produce a slight 'swooshing' sound in the background sometimes.

Another cause of interference could be a nearby cell phone tower. Although the frequencies are somewhat separated, if you are really close to a tower, it can interfere with the signal. Might want to try changing the location or orientation of the antenna, assuming you are using the stock retractable model that comes with the scanner.

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.