Marathon County Feed

Status
Not open for further replies.

davdrums

As the feed provider for the Marathon County Public Safety feed, I have ended the feed due to the county going all encrypted for the police. It just doesn't pay to keep it up. I have so many thoughts and feelings about it; but I'll leave it at that.
I've considered a different feed, but don't know if I will or not

It's been a good 5 years.

Thanks to all those that have listened.

Tim

Feed Provider
As the feed provider for the Marathon County Public Safety feed, I have ended the feed due to the county going all encrypted for the police. It just doesn't pay to keep it up. I have so many thoughts and feelings about it; but I'll leave it at that.

Greetings....

First and foremost, thank you for providing a feed up there. It's a shame they chose full-time encryption, but i guess that is what happens when there are ignorant people involved in the decision making process.

Is it only Marathon Sheriff that is encrypted? What about Wausau PD and Mt Everest Metro PD channels?

Tim

wirr

Database Admin
Thanks for providing the feed. The move to so much encryption in the area is unfortunate. While Wausau appears to be all encrypted, it seems like there is occasional Sheriff traffic that is not encrypted. Your feed would still be worthwhile for the area paging, fire, and EMS channels.

N9NRA

Premium Subscriber

Wow, that`s new. When did Marathon County go fulltime encryption? Funny there`s been nothing said about it. I do know there was some use on Wausau PD`s main channel (dispatch) but othe than acassional use most of the traffic was in the clear. When did this happen? Guess it`s time to remove WPD from my scanner :(. N9NRA.

N9NRA

Premium Subscriber
Update to my reply past. Had a listen to the WPD channel a short time ago, from that listening it appears that some traffic is still in the clear so they`ve not done the encrytion thingy just yet FYI. N9NRA.

Last edited:

NAM

Portage County occasionally uses encryption, but not all of the time. It seems as if there may be a few units with encryption enabled. It's really a shame that encryption is allowed, absent a legitimate need (under cover, pending raid, etc.). I've considered setting up a feed for PCSD, but not sure it would be worthwhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.