WISCOMM Signal Drop

Status
Not open for further replies.

fmulder13

I don’t often go into Wisconsin, but since I’ve been monitoring WISCOMM I’ve noticed a strange behavior from 2 different types of receivers on certain sites, On some (I wish I could remember exactly which ones did this, but I know for certain the the Memomonie site did) the signal bars will drop to almost nothing on my 436HP AND G5 immediately after a transmission ends, only to return to full strength in a second or two. This results in missing the first part of the subsequent transmission. I’ve notice this problem happen on fewer and fewer sites on WISCOMM, so I wonder if this is something on the system’s end. I’m curious if anyone has any idea what causes this, and if there are any solutions on the receiving end that can be implemented.

N9NRA

Premium Subscriber
I don’t often go into Wisconsin, but since I’ve been monitoring WISCOMM I’ve noticed a strange behavior from 2 different types of receivers on certain sites, On some (I wish I could remember exactly which ones did this, but I know for certain the the Memomonie site did) the signal bars will drop to almost nothing on my 436HP AND G5 immediately after a transmission ends, only to return to full strength in a second or two. This results in missing the first part of the subsequent transmission. I’ve notice this problem happen on fewer and fewer sites on WISCOMM, so I wonder if this is something on the system’s end. I’m curious if anyone has any idea what causes this, and if there are any solutions on the receiving end that can be implemented.

Hey there, just a guess, but it could be because the scanner is tunning back to the control channel after following the transmission you just heard. when your unit picks up a call on a system like WISCOMM it tunes to the channel to play out the traffic, and after the transmission drops it tunes back to the control channel to wait till the next channel grant happens and the whole thing basically starts over, that could be the reason you`re seeing what you`re seeing. N9NRA

Status
Not open for further replies.