Scanning agencies from different parts of Wyoming using wyolink?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrilledCheese

Feed Provider
For example, I am in Gillette in Campbell county, and if I wanted to listen to the WHP in Cheyenne, is there a way to do that? And of course lets take out the easy way, of just listening to the Feed in Laramie county. I have a Uniden BCD396XT handheld scanner, and was passing through Sundance in Crook County and had the Warren Peak tower control channel programmed in, and the Mount Pisgah Tower control channel in as well. Then all of a sudden I was able to hear the Gillette PD (talk group 14904), so it must be possible? I guess the question is, how do I program it into my scanner if it is possible.. because I think I'm doing something wrong...? Thanks for any help.

wyShack

Premium Subscriber
The tower will 'relay' any talkgroups of units in its area. As units 'roam' in and out of each tower's coverage area the system follows them. The roving unit 'checks in' with the tower and then the system knows what traffic to route. You will only hear groups that are either assigned to the tower or groups that have a member in the area.

Status
Not open for further replies.