Problem with my Alinco DJ-X2000 says unlock? please advise

Status
Not open for further replies.

majestic36

Hi i have a Alinco DJ-X2000 scanner it was working fine but now it says UNLOCK on the screen also the screen is very dim like the battery is flat but its not if you no what i meen all the buttons are pressing just theres no sound and a dim screen saying UNLOCK

I have done some some googling and found out its though running the scanner from the drop in charger instead of just charging the scanner in the off state

I have the scamatics and can solder fine but i just dont no where to look to fix it can some kind person point me in the right place to check out some parts that might of gone

Leo

Bill_White

My guess, PLL Unlock.
You will need a service manual for the alingment procedure.
The service manual on the Alinco site is nothing more
than block diagrams, PCB layouts and a parts list.

majestic36

Hi thanks Bill i dont supose you know where i can get hold of the sevice manual just so i know what pot im playing with

It is somethig to do with the PLL but i dont know if its hardware fault as in parts or like Bill has said some seting up inside the receiver?

Anymore idea's please why i looking in to Bill's idea

thanks

Bill_White

I have not seen one available in a downloadable format.
You might want to contact Alinco and get the part number for a FULL service manual, make sure it includes
alignment procedures, NOT the free one. They may sell them direct. If not, I’m sure any Alinco dealer would
be happy to sell you one. The bigger dealerships like HRO and AES may have one in stock.

lolo_fig

Alinco DJ-X2000 - UNLOCK message ...

I have the same problem... can't resolve it.. Any one can help?

Attachments

• alincounlock1.jpg
    alincounlock1.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 2,632

nomadiq

A fix?

Hi all,

I had the same problem. I managed to fix mine and I explain what I did at this url:

Radio Repair: Alinco DJ X2000 – I Hack Circuits

This is the second repair I have done on my dj x2000 so some of the stuff I talk about at the above url is with regards to that too. Basically what I did was pull the unit apart, lifted the middle board from the front board and turned a potentiometer (and returned it to the same position). Thats all I did. NOt sure how it became 'fixed' but it now works better than ever.

Good luck with yours

N/

Last edited:

lolo_fig

turned a potentiometer ??? Can you make photo of that part???

Thank you!!!!

Hi all,

I had the same problem. I managed to fix mine and I explain what I did at this url:

Radio Repair: Alinco DJ X2000 – I Hack Circuits

This is the second repair I have done on my dj x2000 so some of the stuff I talk about at the above url is with regards to that too. Basically what I did was pull the unit apart, lifted the middle board from the front board and turned a potentiometer (and returned it to the same position). Thats all I did. NOt sure how it became 'fixed' but it now works better than ever.

Good luck with yours

N/

lolo_fig

Doesn't help!!! Don't do it!

... or maybe I have different problem or did something wrong...

you will need very small screwdrivers and Magnifying Glass !

Last edited:

Oleg2011

fix unlock

... or maybe I have different problem or did something wrong...

you will need very small screwdrivers and Magnifying Glass !

Greetings! Somebody has solved this problem? Send please to me on mail leo1980@ngs.ru a photo and sequence of adjustments. It is necessary to twist what potentiometer? Reference Radio Repair: Alinco DJ X2000 – I Hack Circuits doesn't work. Help me please!

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
Greetings! Somebody has solved this problem? Send please to me on mail leo1980@ngs.ru a photo and sequence of adjustments. It is necessary to twist what potentiometer? Reference Radio Repair: Alinco DJ X2000 – I Hack Circuits doesn't work. Help me please!

I'm not emailing you, so I hope you check back here. Google images is a great source of ahh, IMAGES.

unlock-fix.jpg

cherubim

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone have a solution to this UNLOCK problem ? Mine says UNLOCK and the display is faded. I tried resetting the receiver but that didn't help.

kc2kth

Wow this is an old thread, but I think Bill had the right idea way back in 2009 up at the top - it's probably complaining the PLL cannot lock. With a dim display as well I would guess a power issue which could be something as simple as a bad capacitor or two or something more serious.

cherubim

Premium Subscriber
Wow this is an old thread, but I think Bill had the right idea way back in 2009 up at the top - it's probably complaining the PLL cannot lock. With a dim display as well I would guess a power issue which could be something as simple as a bad capacitor or two or something more serious.

The problem started when I changed from a NiCad to NiMH battery pack. I'm wondering if the new battery pack (which is an aftermarket one) has caused some power-related issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.