Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Don't do that.

In the clear there running on
418.625 & 418.750
pl 156.7

I was going to just send you a PM, but you have chosen not to recieve PM's, so I'll just post this in public.

Many first responders read and post here on the RR forums. And many of those who see a posting like this will let the agency "in the clear" know about your posting, so they will turn the encryption or scrambling back on. I've seen/heard this happen in Michigan already.

What happens is that a group that is normally encrypted has to work with a group that isn't. So they turn off the encryption/scrambing, and then forget to turn it back on when the detail is over. When you hear it, just keep it to yourself, and enjoy it as long as it last.

SOFA_KING

That is right! Dummy up.

I have a lot going on around me, but it is not anything new. No new freqs.

Everyone knows the DEA freqs, so it doesn't help anyone, and may blow an investigation in that area. Be cool. ;)

Phil :cool:

MOTOROLANUT

Ironic

Hmmm....So let me get this straight...Don't post about clear DEA transmissions but it is OK on this forum
to post hundreds of threads on, "I heard the clear transmissions of the FBI, US Marshals Service, Secret Service, ATF, US Customs/ICE/Border Patrol, Postal Inspectors in my town and they were using a PL, DPL or NAC of this today." LOL

Yes, I agree First Responders and BAD GUYS read these forums, They original poster just stated two Freqs and a PL code, not the contents of the transmission in reguards to a sensative investigation. Sure the DEA will probably go back to secure transmissions but don't doubt for a minute that the other Federal agencies would not go secure or change freqs either eventually from discovery on this forum.

I fail to see how this member let any cats out of the bag and the thrashing He or She is receiving for it. For the DEA should differ from no other Federal agency in receiving special treatment on this forum. He or She was simply sharing as many members have done before on what freqs and pl/dpl/nac an agency was heard on.

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
The true purpose of the Federal forum is to discuss the communications in use by Federal agencies. I would really prefer not to have to hear about operations that are happening.

Monitoring Federal communications is nothing like other areas and the majority who are in to will not discuss what happens on these channels because it ruins it for everyone else. Yes, there is a lot of ignorance when it comes to communications use but pointing that out on a global forum is the wrong way to do it (that's provided someone has that mindset). If you're hearing good stuff keep your trap shut if you want to continue doing it.

SkipSanders

Silent Key
General info (channel plans, etc.) are good here.

SPECIFIC current activites are NOT good.

Saying 'DEA in New Orleans uses these channels/frequencies in these modes' is ok.

Saying 'DEA is having a surveillance at main and vermont right now!' is NOT okay. Not even if you don't specify exactly where. Exposing current ops is a Bad Thing (TM).

ecps92

Take Notes, keep them updated.
You might even find your Ch.1 is not the same as Ch.1 in Boston

Post them AFTER the events [a month, is a good time-frame]
just some friendly hints so we all can still keep listening.

In the clear there running on
418.625 & 418.750
pl 156.7

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Thanks guys, it's good to know I'm not alone in this. I'm glad you understand riccom; just a case of bad timing and you learned something from your mistake, it's the pig headed ones we have to worry about.

riccom

Premium Subscriber
-.- .- -. ... .- ... / -.-. .. - -.-- / -- ---
Motorolanut Kb2vxa Sofa_king

OK mot i see what they are saying, i did post at the time when they was active, now i know that i sould have held off just a wee bit, i see where there coming from, but your right also

Now if i had posted as it was in a broad area or not giv a target area, i would be cool or waited!

Now see there is a link to why cause they was afater this guy

St. Tammany deputies arrest 'major' drug dealer | News for New Orleans, Louisiana | Northshore News | News and Weather for New Orleans | wwltv.com

So i see why they did as they said what they did but your right and the other are right , the major thing they was grillign me was i jumped the gun to quick not cause of the freqs or the pl tones, just i posted during the servallence!

I am in this hobby ofr years and its a ever growing knowlage, sometimes i jump the gun or i lean that maybe sometimes its best to wait it till its done!

But it was an error on the timing part on my side so thank you guys and remember
this is for fun and this bullie is not for a fight , its to share info,

thanks guys

Status
Not open for further replies.