Pasco going Digital by 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bolt21

Spark Chariot Driver
Hopefully Sheriff Nocco will do his citizens right and continue to keep routine dispatch in the clear.

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
P25 Phase II system. The 2nd link from the O.P. go down to the item R5 for a direct link for the video presentation.

For those that currently listen in the area, this is a good time to contact your council members to have 911 remain in the clear now, before then later!

Also this means for most they will need a new P2 capable scanner.

Nasby

Sadly, if they go the way most other FLA agencies go, this will mean the end of most scanning for Pasco.

The "Big E" will be comin'.

Bolt21

Spark Chariot Driver
West Central FL has remained relatively unencrypted (concerning routine dispatch) when compared to the misfit Central FL agencies. I see a lot of similarities between Sheriff Nocco and Sheriff Judd of Polk County, and I think that's a good thing.

tampabaynews

Keeping your PIO busy
Premium Subscriber
They can use their cell phones on the system?

Harris has a smartphone app that interfaces with their trunking systems. Of course, the phone would be using cellular data and not the trunking frequencies. From what I read those kind of comms may only show up on the trunking system if an actual radio is affiliated on the talkgroup.

Last edited:

trooper890

I don't want to see anymore E either, but it will probably happen eventually.

Either way, this one is LONG overdue. This is one of the oldest 800 systems in Florida. The community and agencies serving have grown tremendously since the late 80's but the radio system didn't much at all.

Glad to see this.

ngel

Pasco

I emailed my commissioner and asked if they keep clear communications on dispatch and routine traffic, I cc'd all the commissioners and the sheriff.

The video presentation at the Board meeting about the project had a short list of features that will be on the system. They (Williams communications who won the project) stated all radio's will come with "Secure Comm's" utilizing AES Encryption "as required by the Federal Goverment".

Now It is way , way too early to tell what if anything will be encrypted, but you can be sure at the least I would expect thing's such as Surveillance, Swat, Tac Etc... to be encrypted. They do have a habit of following what Pinellas does which could be a good thing, but no one will know until it is fully online, we can all only guess.

lindsay34654

Food for thought years ago everyone was afraid of Digital what happened BINGO Scanners went D then came PRO VOICE BINGO now PRO VOICE you do not think by the time that anything new happens they will not come out with a new system in scanners

Status
Not open for further replies.