PSR 800 Radio ID Bklt/LED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kel

After using it for 3 years I noticed something we are using a P 25 conventional system so I set up the TGID for fire dispatch using a red color to flash and I set each truck unit by using the radio ID feature with backlight on and LED to a different color for each unit I am using the EZ scan software for some reason when for example engine 5 or engine 1 comes up it shows red in color which is my dispatch color turned off dispatch color thinking they might display my color choices but it shows no color same as dispatch turn back on dispatch to red and then they will display red also when they become active anyone have any ideas I can't figure it out?

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
I'm a little confused with your question.. You cannot tag radio IDs with P25 conventional systems with the PSR-800; only trunked systems. Assuming you mean trunked, what may be happening is the unit is holding the one color because the controller isn't dropping the channel. I see this a lot with Astro analog trunked systems....whichever unit transmits first will be the ID displayed even though they are going back and forth with the conversation.

Kel

Its a APCO 25 Trunked system for example when scanning engine 5 transmit it still shows red color even though I programmed it to flash and display green I use TGID for main dispatch and radio ID's for trucks

marksmith

Are you getting the various text tags for the individual units showing up on line 5 of the display to confirm radio id is in control rather than talkgroup?

BCD536HP/HP2/996XT/PSR800/396XT/996T

marksmith

Another way of asking this is do you hsve the radio ID's assigned to the correct scanlist? If you do they should show up in text on line 5.

You have to watch. Sometimes they go to the default talkgroup.

marksmith

Ok... was just rolling thru my 800 menu and came across an item marked "Use RID Alert?"

Looks like if you enabled that you would get the alert on the radio ID. You might need to put one in for the base because it may no longer use the talkgroup alwrt for that.

Mark
BCD536HP/HP1/HP2/BCD996XT/BCD396XT(2)/BCD996T/PSR-800 +

Status
Not open for further replies.