G&G Repair Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ensnared

Oddly enough, when I bought my new 436HP, my PSR 500 died. The malfunctioning had to do with being able to receive signals. It was not the typical BNC module issue common to this radio. No, the culprit was determined to be a RF amp. Since reception was involved, I thought that replacing the RF amp might help the radio deal with linear distortion better, but it didn't. It did however reveal how quickly the PSR 500 locks on a transmission quicker than the 436HP.

But, the shining star here is the repair service of G&G. For a one-man operation, the work was outstanding. Yes, like advertised, older models can take around 30 days to repair. Mine was no exception. It came back working great with the used parts in a bag. I call that great service!

Voyager

It did however reveal how quickly the PSR 500 locks on a transmission quicker than the 436HP.

If this involves a conventional or Motorola TRS, the P25 Wait Time might be making the 436 seem show to pick up the signal. Solution: Lower the P25 wait time.

Grego

Premium Subscriber
Good Question

If this involves a conventional or Motorola TRS, the P25 Wait Time might be making the 436 seem show to pick up the signal. Solution: Lower the P25 wait time.

On the 436 I do not see an option of how to change the P25 wait time unless you are in Discover? How might one do that?

Voyager

Edit your FL. Drill down to the TRS, then select EDIT SITE, then select the site. Near the bottom of the list will be P25 Waiting Time. It defaults to 400 mS. If the system does not use P25 at all, you can lower that to 0 mS.

In Conventional systems, it's under the EDIT SYS OPTION menu. Same procedure.

ratboy

Premium Subscriber
G&G saved my old Pro-2004 after I got stupid and blew it up. It's about 29 years old now, and still chugging away.

Ensnared

Done Did

Edit your FL. Drill down to the TRS, then select EDIT SITE, then select the site. Near the bottom of the list will be P25 Waiting Time. It defaults to 400 mS. If the system does not use P25 at all, you can lower that to 0 mS.

In Conventional systems, it's under the EDIT SYS OPTION menu. Same procedure.

I have already attempted that method and it had absolutely no affect on the linear distortion. The PSR 500 could never make up its mind which signal it wanted and the intermittent reception mas maddening. I am quite pleased with my 436HP, but I am waiting on Whistler to knock a home run by finding a fix for linear distortion. I hate Uniden's memory structure.

Steveradio

So the reviews are good, sending my pro164 out Friday for manufacture issues and only found a few bad reviews.
Had this unit now about a year, tried to send it down to Texas and good thing called first. when the 800# actually gave you support they advised the item may not be returned if plant is closed. Glad didnt so held onto the issues but now getting annoyed with the same antenna connect problems of course its inclosed case so cant even repair it my self ugh..

tampatracker

Gerry is the total exception to the rule when it comes to integrity and repair skills. Hope you're reading these Gerry, you rock and thanks for everything you've helped me with...... John.

Status
Not open for further replies.