NSRS Activity on Patch Talkgroup

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
I've been in Carson City for a couple days now and will be leaving in the morning. I decided to lock out Reno 1 and 2 in my scanner so I could hear any activity on other talkgroups, especially Reno 3 and the tac talkgroups. I'm picking up a lot of traffic that sounds like a dispatch channel on 05-001, which is listed as a patch talkgroup in the database. Can anyone tell me what this traffic is? Why is it on this patch talkgroup and what dispatch center is talking is of interest to me.

sigint1

Was: joking
When you say you locked out Reno 1 and 2 I am assuming you mean NHP - from what I have heard 05-001 usually in the northern command - Northwest NV units are on the Washoe County EDACS - and patch to NSRS on 05-001 and 05-002 - There are only three NHP regional dispatch centers - Carson City, Elko, and Vegas - each one has capability to dispatch the whole state if necessary and they test that capability every 2-3 months - I have heard Vegas Units being dispatched on their Washoe Talk Group 05-141 - I just retired last week so hopefully will be getting back into listening more frequently

SCPD

QRT
When you say you locked out Reno 1 and 2 I am assuming you mean NHP - from what I have heard 05-001 usually in the northern command - Northwest NV units are on the Washoe County EDACS - and patch to NSRS on 05-001 and 05-002 - There are only three NHP regional dispatch centers - Carson City, Elko, and Vegas - each one has capability to dispatch the whole state if necessary and they test that capability every 2-3 months - I have heard Vegas Units being dispatched on their Washoe Talk Group 05-141 - I just retired last week so hopefully will be getting back into listening more frequently

First of all, congratulations!

Yes, the NHP talkgroups Reno 1 and 2. This sounded like a regular NHP dispatch channel, but as identifiers sound the same all over the state and the dispatch center does not identify there was no way to tell. All of the identifiers started with "Henry," so it was all NHP activity.

On my way home I heard the Pine Grove site for the first time. On previous trips there must not have been a radio affiliated to the site, so I didn't hear anything up to this point. At first I heard the Fernley NDOT talkgroup for quite awhile and later NHP Reno 1 and 2. This raises another question, if an NDOT radio affiliates with a site, does that result in NHP talkgroups transmitting from that site as well?

gvranchosbill

TG 05-001 Patches 05-141 & 05-142 together.
Funny strange you brought that up because i was i process of trying to pin down the TG's that are patched.
In Manuel Channel Select Mode i switched 05-001 (Patch) then to 05-141 (RNO1) then to 05-142 (RNO3) and then 05-143 (RNO3) and found that (RNO1) & (RNO2) only were linked to one dispatcher, then heard the loud Data and the TG's separated into 2 channels again.
Today i was checking Data Channels and watching the TG Numbers display on [SID:23 Pine Grove] & [SID:10 Corey Pk] & noticed 05-142 (RNO2) showing up then 10-002 popped up.
For a couple of weeks months ago (LV2) was on 08-001 on [SID:22 McClellan Pk] only then it was gone but found (LV2) on 08-001 coming through the [SID:25 Dayton Site (Pinenut)]
I have a incomplete list that i have been trying to put together but i may never pin it down because i dont know if these are not only linking TG's but Sites as well,
I have logged what i have heard as i always do ID Search looking for new TG's and i log them as i hear them active (Patch TG's).
In the past i noticed that 05-001 would patch 05-101 (ELKO1) to 05-141 (RNO1).

gvranchosbill

I listen quite often and when Reno does a Roll Call/Beat Check i hear Units check in from Carson City,Douglas,Lyon,Storey Counties on RNO2 & Churchill,Esmeralda,Mineral Counties on RNO3 or all of these patched on RNO2 or RNO2 & RNO3 patched to RNO1 where i only hear Washoe County.
So as i have heard when they do Beat checks the Units will give Mile Marker Number with County.
Im 10-06 on Radio will finish this post later.

com501

LV Urban 01 is hard patched to Patrick and has been for several weeks for some odd reason. I had to take it out of the scan list in my M7300.

When there are enough units or activity and a dispatch is available, RN3 is opened up for extra rural traffic primarily in the outlying areas. Carson units generally stay on RN2.

During the next few weeks, BurningMan traffic units will probably use RN3 or TAC2 - TAC3 like they did last year for special traffic enforcement during the giant traffic cluster that 80 and 447 always becomes.

Status
Not open for further replies.