SCHP Special Holiday Enforcement

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
Per a post by SCDPS_PIO on Twitter/X yesterday, there's a special holiday enforcement effort in Richland and Lexington Counties March 15-18. I suppose the holiday is St. Patricks Day.

I'm hearing communications on talkgroups LE Common 8 and LE Common 9 that I believe are related. Lots of traffic stops along I26 and I20. I think that LE Common 8 is for activity in Richland County and LE Common 9 is for activity in Lexington County, but I'm not positive about that.

Be safe if you're traveling through the Midlands this weekend (or anywhere else, for that matter.)

mrat1234

I'm also hearing activity on mutual aid 4 but unsure on who it is. Sounds maybe like a parade?

evan

Database Admin
Thanks for the info. I had been perplexed by the activity on LE Com 8 as HP are not just operating in one specific area on an interstate (like I usually hear when HP does special enforcement) but also out on secondary roads like highway 378. Glad to know what is going on. I have heard troopers operating in both Lex and Richland counties on LE Com 8. I have not heard any LE Com 9 activity.

mrat- scma 4 and 10 were being used today for the Five Point St. Pat’s day festival.