Moswin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phin

Premium Subscriber
I'm getting ready to buy a new scanner and want to monitor moswin here in newton county Missouri. I'm not sure exactly what I need. I would like to monitor the analog stations also. From what I understand I need to be able to receive - Project 25 Phase II and APCO-25.

Ensnared

Robust Scanning Environment

I'm getting ready to buy a new scanner and want to monitor moswin here in newton county Missouri. I'm not sure exactly what I need. I would like to monitor the analog stations also. From what I understand I need to be able to receive - Project 25 Phase II and APCO-25.

I have successfully monitored MOSWIN with a GRE PSR 500. At present, I also own a Uniden 436HP.

Although this is listed as Phase II, there are no "T" modes indicated in the mode column for this system. Hence, all I see is P25 Phase I.

Of course, this does not mean they won't eventually go to Phase II.

Based on my experience of owning both brands, I can tell you: a) the GRE/Whistler digital scanners are far superior when it comes to natural-sounding audio at an adequate volume; b) the Uniden 436HP works better in the presence of Linear Simulcast Distortion; c) the 436 is easy to operate if you use GPS-control and/or zip code entry; d) the 436HP does not receive analog VHF very well in comparison to the other brand; e) that the memory design of the 436HP is a bit complicated when compared with the V-folders associated with GRE/Whistler branded radios.

In Houston, Texas, a Phase II system, my radio performs quite well. In my opinion, GRE/Whistler radios are prone to Linear Simulcast Distortion resulting in very choppy reception, depending on the system in question.

MOSWIN offers great coverage with clear reception, for the most part. This statewide system offers a very robust listening environment, depending on your location.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.