KE4ZNR's 2014 NC State Fair Monitoring Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
It's time again for the NC State Fair!

NOTE: To monitor the West Raleigh VIPER Site during the NC State Fair you must have a digital scanner capable of following 700Mhz Sites!!!
For those with scanners the following digital Statewide Event talkgroups on VIPER will be used for this years NC State Fair:

Statewide Events Echo 1 (TG 51971)= State Fair Police
Statewide Events Foxtrot 1 (TG 51975)= LE Interior Ops
Statewide Events Foxtrot 2 (TG 51976)= EMS/Fire Ops
Statewide Events Foxtrot 3 (TG 51977)= Dorton Arena
Statewide Events Foxtrot 4 (TG 51978)= Special Incident
Statewide Events Golf 1 (TG 51979)= SHP Traffic Posts

Scanner Programming Files (right click then "Save As"):

--Freescan Programming file for the Uniden BCD396XT/BCD996XT
--Proscan Programming file for the BCD396XT/BCD996XT
--Win500 Programming file for GRE/Radio Shack Pro106/PSR500 Scanners
--Programming File to be imported into Sentinel for the Uniden HomePatrol HP1
--Programming File to be imported into Sentinel for the BCD436HP/BCD536HP.

Here is a copy of a traffic "post" map from years past. I believe it should be pretty accurate for this year as well.
http://qsl.net/ke4znr/NCFair/NCSHPStateFairPost.pdf

Official 2014 NC State Fair Website

NC State Fair Map

Any updates/corrections please email KE4ZNR@radioreference.com.
Thanks and Have a good time at the Fair!
Marshall KE4ZNR

Last edited:

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
I have added programming files for the most popular types of scanners used today.
Marshall KE4ZNR

K4ASJ

Premium Subscriber
Were the following talkgroups replicated on the Viper P25 System or are they on the wake simulcast system only ? Just wondering because i am planning to visit the state fair one day this week and i am trying to create my own scanner profile for the fair. Also, does anyone know if the old 463.225 frequency is still in use by the fairgrounds staff ?

32 002 D NCFAIR PS 1 NC State Fairgrounds Public Safety Main Security

48 003 D NC FAIRADMIN NC State Fair Public Safety Admin Security

64 004 D FAIR MAINT NC State Fair Maintenance Public Works

Last edited:

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Since they are listed as part of the Wake County Simulcast System common sense would lead one to believe they are on the Wake County System. :)
I have not monitored those specific talkgroups in a long time so I can't vouch for if they are still active or not.
Marshall KE4ZNR

Were the following talkgroups replicated on the Viper P25 System or are they on the wake simulcast system only ? Just wondering because i am planning to visit the state fair one day this week and i am trying to create my own scanner profile for the fair. Also, does anyone know if the old 463.225 frequency is still in use by the fairgrounds staff ?

32 002 D NCFAIR PS 1 NC State Fairgrounds Public Safety Main Security

48 003 D NC FAIRADMIN NC State Fair Public Safety Admin Security

64 004 D FAIR MAINT NC State Fair Maintenance Public Works

reconrider8

i monitored the system yesterday right out of the db here but the only thing i was hearing was something like W events 5 but they were down near the legislative building maybe a moral monday march or something i was thinking

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Heard Wevents5 talking about Dorton last night moving equipment around, haven't heard the normal fairgrounds traffic on WCOTRS

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk

KG4KHQ

Premium Subscriber
NC State Fair

I was down there today and did not hear anything on the Fair talkgroups on the Wake County system.

463.225 with a PL of 71.9 had Fairground Maintenance on it. This channel Is active during the rest of the year also with other events at the facility.

463.6375 with a PL of 123.0 appears to be the Horse Arena.

464.475 with a PL of 127.3 had references to parking on it.

151.715 (DCS 131) and 468.2375 (PL 162.2) had references to Trams or Shuttles on them.

I saw a NC Dept. of Labor ride inspector with what looked like a XTS2500 with a shoulder mic but never found a talkgroup for them.

I'm sure there are probably others if anyone wants to play radio there. I was using a BCD396XT with a Racing Electronics stubby antenna and earbuds.

Last edited:

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
I saw a NC Dept. of Labor ride inspector with what looked like a XTS2500 with a shoulder mic but never found a talkgroup for them.

The Ride Inspectors (called "Robert Ida" on the radio) are can be heard on the Foxtrot 1 talkgroup. I have heard them called to rides several times during the Fair.
Marshall KE4ZNR

Status
Not open for further replies.