external speaker on 536hp and WOW

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitbr

Was messing around with my 536hp and thought I would try an external speaker to get rid of some of the muffled sound the radio puts out on P25 systems. So I found an old lapel speaker 20-009 made by RS and WOW its like a new radio. Nice clear audio made a major difference.

So if you don't like the deep sound coming out of the radio give a passive speaker a try you will be surprised I know I was.

Share your external speaker preferences here. What is everyone else using?
Tim

bee

Did the sound on your 536 sound-- bassy- garbled--and under water? This happens on the "MSWIN" in Mississippi --------(Mississippi Wireless Integrated Network)

teufler

in Freescan, go to scanner, open band plan editor, and change from nbfm to fm in the areas of the frequencies that MSWIN uses. There have been many discussions on RR about thisand some have remarked that audio seemed out of the water. Others have noticed no change, but its worth a try.

mitbr

Did the sound on your 536 sound-- bassy- garbled--and under water? This happens on the "MSWIN" in Mississippi --------(Mississippi Wireless Integrated Network)

My 536hp sounds clear but is bassy and I prefer a more tinny sound.

kb8rvp

I use an older original Radio Shack non amplified external speaker in the car and it is loud and clear. Even when I take it in the house I use the same type of speaker and it sounds much better that the build in speaker. I also do the same with the BCD996XT.

Mike

rcool101

Feed Provider
On my 536 I use and old pair Polk Audio PC speakers of the non amplified type. No volume control, just off the radio. Nice clear sound. Volume up half way is plenty

Status
Not open for further replies.