HP-2 Channel Alert

Status
Not open for further replies.

sambo300

Premium Subscriber
Is it possible to do channel alerts on the HP-2? I have the Extreme upgrade.....been searching trying to find a way to do this. Any ideas?

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Yes. Put the channel in a favorites list, then edit the channel (easier in Sentinel, but can be done on the unit itself w/Extreme Upgrade).

marksmith

To do it on the radio - When the radio is on that channel, click the right side of the channel to get the menu. Select advanced and then edit channel and then ser alert.

Mark
536/HP1e/HP2e/996P2/996XT/396XT/PSR800/PRO668/PRO652

sambo300

Premium Subscriber
Won't let me do it that way,Mark. EDIT CURRENT CHANNEL is grayed out. Even after I ADD TO FAVORITES LIST.

marksmith

Won't let me do it that way,Mark. EDIT CURRENT CHANNEL is grayed out. Even after I ADD TO FAVORITES LIST.
It should not be grayed out if you have the extreme version. It will be grayed out if no extreme version activated in the radio.

If you select MENU-ADVANCED MENU-ADVANCED OPTION what do you get?

You should get a grayed out REGISTER ADVANCED (indicating extreme upgrade activared) and three other advanced options that are not grayed out.

If register advanced is not grayed out then your extreme is not active.

Mark
536/996P2/HP1e/HP2e/996XT/
396XT/PSR800/PRO668/PRO652

XTS3000

Yes. Put the channel in a favorites list, then edit the channel (easier in Sentinel, but can be done on the unit itself w/Extreme Upgrade).

Paul, so your saying if your HP2 doesn't have the extreme upgrade, the only way to edit the alert tones is with Sentinel Software? It can't be edited on the scanner without the Extreme Upgrade?

Is the HP1 the same way?

phask

Premium Subscriber
Yes

Paul, so your saying if your HP2 doesn't have the extreme upgrade, the only way to edit the alert tones is with Sentinel Software? It can't be edited on the scanner without the Extreme Upgrade?

Is the HP1 the same way?

marksmith

Editing any of the system, department, or channel details can only be done in Sentinel if you do not have extreme upgrade.

Can do in radio with extreme and also get analyze, discover, and other options with extreme. If you own an HP radio recommended the upgrade for $50 to make the radio complete in terms of what it can do. When it was $100 could only conditionally recommend.

Mark
536/HP1e/HP2e/996P2/996XT/396XT/PSR800/PRO668/PRO652

Status
Not open for further replies.