Mini Computers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chronic

Has anyone used a mini computer similar to the Liva Computer
ECS - LIVA X Mini PC
or a similar mini computer that is capable of running windows
I would like a mini computer that is capable to run dsd plus , virtual audio cables and broadcastify feed software .
I would like to do this as low cost as possible .
has anyone done this , have any ideas or suggestions

thanks

jeb2942

Feed Provider
Take a look at the Dell Inspiron 3050 micro desktop as it comes with Windows 10. It has an audio input port if you need it for streaming and comes with 2GB Ram and a 32 GB SSD. It's about $179 and it's ready to go.

mnewmanstc

I've used a Liva X2, specifically the "LIVA X2 Intel Braswell N3050 SOC - DDR3L 2GB - 32GB Storage/ 1 x M.2 for SSD Expansion - White Color" as listed on Newegg.

I had issues with RTL sticks disappearing until reboot, which I suspect is a power issue (a powered hub might fix it), and I never got it to recognized an M.2 SSD.

It had just enough power to do a few channels of regular analog trunked traffic with Unitrunker and Trunking Recorder (I stored recordings on a NAS, since the on-board storage is so limited).

I found they got bogged down pretty quick when you try and do more than one thing at a time. If you turned off all the unneeded features in the OS you installed, it might work so long as it was a fully dedicated machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.