Pasco county east

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmcmath

Premium Subscriber
Wasn't there a Pasco County East site once a pon a time in the live audio section?

abbadabbado

pasco county

i was told the sheriff ask it to go away they eere broadcasting tac just about any thing they wanted to sheriff was aware radio shop guy told me the new system will be mostly enc but that is in 2018 or later this could be old news even befor i posted it or could wrong. our sheriff who i support is a old time fhp guy no listen to fhp

tampabaynews

Keeping your PIO busy
Premium Subscriber
Many feed providers have been asked by law enforcement agencies around here to stop with the feeds. Many have wisely complied.

nbdyspclk

I understand the request,but"wisely complied"?they can only do 2 things,1,request 2,go encrypted,either way they have no say in private sites,nor private sector."many wisely complied"people they can't beat your door down,maybe the 60's.willingly honored the request is less intimidating and quit feeding tac channels for God's sake we ALL pay the price.if your hearing it,assume at least 15-20 OTHER scanner/ham operators are hearing the SAME THING.FCC rules state...if you hear something don't share it,don't be a looky loo..etc.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

tampabaynews

Keeping your PIO busy
Premium Subscriber
I understand the request,but"wisely complied"?they can only do 2 things,1,request 2,go encrypted,either way they have no say in private sites,nor private sector."many wisely complied"people they can't beat your door down,maybe the 60's.willingly honored the request is less intimidating and quit feeding tac channels for God's sake we ALL pay the price.if your hearing it,assume at least 15-20 OTHER scanner/ham operators are hearing the SAME THING.FCC rules state...if you hear something don't share it,don't be a looky loo..etc.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

I never said anything about beating doors down or controlling private sector sites.

And yes, they can end the issue entirely by going encrypted (that was my point). I was trying to be discrete about it as that cannot be discussed outside of the thread below.

http://forums.radioreference.com/ra...ive-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

lindsay34654

Pasco County

I do not care if you hear it on a scanner-call from a friend- or hear a siren, people are going to show up. This BS about encryption, is just that BS. That solves nothing. Old timers remember when you could get your news from the scanner, so the PD's went to computers in the car's. If the departments were to police themselves talking about NON police business instead of using a cell phone they would not have anything to complain about. then they would not need encryption. We as the general public have the right to know what is going on around them. What happens when the police are stumped, they as the general public for help in finding someone, by news radio or papers. listen to a scanner they always get information over the phone that this person saw the subject running down a street and how to they know, BECAUSE SOMEONE WAS LISTENING TO THEIR SCANNER. PD's need to pay more attention to crime and not worry about who is listening to them.

JoeyC

I do not care if you hear it on a scanner-call from a friend- or hear a siren, people are going to show up. This BS about encryption, is just that BS. That solves nothing. Old timers remember when you could get your news from the scanner, so the PD's went to computers in the car's. If the departments were to police themselves talking about NON police business instead of using a cell phone they would not have anything to complain about. then they would not need encryption. We as the general public have the right to know what is going on around them. What happens when the police are stumped, they as the general public for help in finding someone, by news radio or papers. listen to a scanner they always get information over the phone that this person saw the subject running down a street and how to they know, BECAUSE SOMEONE WAS LISTENING TO THEIR SCANNER. PD's need to pay more attention to crime and not worry about who is listening to them.

You might want to bring your rant to the above mentioned thread. There is a lot of information that will help you understand. One thing to remember though, is that the police radio is for the police to conduct business, not for the citizenry to listen to the police to know whats going on.
Folks that are streaming that have been asked to cease the stream and have complied are doing the hobby justice.

Status
Not open for further replies.