WS1040: got onea question today

Status
Not open for further replies.

squad1b

i just bought a WS1040 today and can only see one bar on the signal bar the T does show up next to it.I am hearing things any ideas on how to get more bars on the signal bar?

thanks
Scott

Redneck0410

i just bought a WS1040 today and can only see one bar on the signal bar the T does show up next to it.I am hearing things any ideas on how to get more bars on the signal bar?

thanks
Scott
Get on Marksscanners.com, go to the easier to read manual for that scanner, and adjust the meter settings. If I recall correctly it's under the advanced settings tab.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

ronw

Premium Subscriber
signal bar adjustment

i have programed several of the whistler 1040 scanners. i believe the post said you had went to marks scanner and tried the suggestions. did you actually try changing the numbers. i have ran into this you might try the following numbers. bar1=190 bar2=230 bar3=260 bar4=290 bar5=320 it seemed to help on some.if i remember some of the 1040s came with a 2.6 cpu and some came with 2.8 cpu. i dont know if this was part of the problem or if it was something else. these scanners seem a little stingy on the bars showing up, more than on the gre radio shack also gre scanners. the audio and the voice quality is good regardless. one other thing setting the sqelch to about 10 oclock seems to help.hope this heips.squad 1b

squad1b

Yes I changed the numbers and it didn't help.I will try changing the bar numbers tomorrow and see if that helps
Thanks for your imput

lou9155

marks scanners suggestion for rssi settings are way off. when i tried them my bars didnt move. i found the factory settings to be the best.

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
If you are receiving the signal satisfactorily, the number of bars is meaningless. Two radios side by side may show different S meter readings unless you are working with precisely adjusted higher end equipment.

Swipesy

If you are receiving the signal satisfactorily, the number of bars is meaningless. Two radios side by side may show different S meter readings unless you are working with precisely adjusted higher end equipment.

+1 Bar Signal is a plecebo

Status
Not open for further replies.